Vegan Mafaldine alla Vodka Recipe
Use your favorite pasta to make this dish! I used mafaldine because I think it’s the most beautiful pasta shape I’ve ever seen. The vodka sauce is simple and totally delicious.
Servings: 4 bowls Time: Prep: 10 minutes, Cook: 20 minutes
- Pasta of your choice (about 10-12 oz)
- 4 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 can tomato paste (6 oz)
- 1/4 cup vodka
- 2 1/4 cups oat milk
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- In a saucepan over medium heat, add oil and minced garlic. Stir until the garlic is sizzling and fragrant.
- Add the tomato paste. When the paste has darkened in color, add the vodka.
- Let the vodka simmer off. Then, stir for an additional minute or two.
- Add in the oat milk, salt, pepper, onion powder, and red pepper flakes. Stir and reduce heat. Let the sauce simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Cook pasta according to the box instructions. Drain and add the pasta to the sauce.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and extra red pepper flakes, and serve.
Jackie is a Brooklyn-based vegan food blogger. Aside from that, she loves to travel, hike, and paint. Her goal is to inspire others by showing that plant-based cooking is easy, affordable, and fun! Check out her website, myvegandelicacies.com, for more plant-based recipes.
More from VegOut
11 Essential Vegan Baking Ingredients
Keep these ingredients on hand for creating easy vegan baked goods in a snap.
Meet TCHO’s Dark & Bitter, Your New Favorite Vegan Baking Chocolate
This Dark & Bitter Unsweetened Baking Chocolate is a kitchen staple!
15 Nostalgic Vegan Snacks
We’re throwing it back to the good old days—with a vegan twist!
15 Must-Try Vegan Restaurants in Orange County
Pizza shops, sushi restaurants, burger joints—this list covers it all!
The Best Vegan Restaurants in Florida
From the Panhandle to the big city, Florida is a hot spot for plant-based eats.
10 Best Vegan Restaurants for a Date Night in LA
There are only green flags at these vegan eateries!
Vegan Baked Goods That Ship Nationwide for the Holidays
From Hanukkah bundt cakes and Christmas cookies to gingerbread house kits, this list covers it all!
Our 5 Secret Ingredients for Vegan Holiday Cooking
Add these products to your plant-based recipes this holiday season!
Prados Beauty Celebrates Indigenous Beauty and Resilience
Founder Cece Meadows puts Indigenous voices at the forefront of the beauty industry.
8 Vegan Sweaters to Keep You Warm This Winter
We’re staying warm this season with these vegan styles!
10 Vegan Chocolate Chip Brands Perfect for Baking
These dairy-free chocolate chips were made for cookies, waffles, muffins, and more.
12 Vegan Beauty Gifts to Shop This Holiday Season
Deck the halls with boughs of vegan beauty gifts!