Vegan Mafaldine alla Vodka Recipe
Use your favorite pasta to make this dish! I used mafaldine because I think it’s the most beautiful pasta shape I’ve ever seen. The vodka sauce is simple and totally delicious.
Servings: 4 bowls Time: Prep: 10 minutes, Cook: 20 minutes
- Pasta of your choice (about 10-12 oz)
- 4 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 can tomato paste (6 oz)
- 1/4 cup vodka
- 2 1/4 cups oat milk
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- In a saucepan over medium heat, add oil and minced garlic. Stir until the garlic is sizzling and fragrant.
- Add the tomato paste. When the paste has darkened in color, add the vodka.
- Let the vodka simmer off. Then, stir for an additional minute or two.
- Add in the oat milk, salt, pepper, onion powder, and red pepper flakes. Stir and reduce heat. Let the sauce simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Cook pasta according to the box instructions. Drain and add the pasta to the sauce.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and extra red pepper flakes, and serve.
Jackie is a Brooklyn-based vegan food blogger. Aside from that, she loves to travel, hike, and paint. Her goal is to inspire others by showing that plant-based cooking is easy, affordable, and fun! Check out her website, myvegandelicacies.com, for more plant-based recipes.
More from VegOut
2021 International Vegan Film Festival to Take Place Virtually, Tickets on Sale Now
Pop some popcorn and get ready to be inspired!
OMG! We’re Obsessed with These Veggie Chips
These good-for-you veggie snacks are a tasty way to eat your vegetables.
7 Spots to Get Pumpkin-Flavored Vegan Eats in NYC
Celebrate the fall season with pumpkin-flavored donuts, pies, soups, and more!
Vegan Tapas and Cocktail Bar Opens in Albany, New York
Bar Vegan is now open for late-night eats, signature cocktails, and live music in Central Square.
Vegan BBQ Pop-Up Coming to Brooklyn, NYC This November
Get a taste of Southern BBQ in Brooklyn, NYC at this new vegan pop-up!
Dough Joy Donuts to Open Brick-and-Mortar in Seattle
The popular Seattle-based vegan food truck has plans to open its first brick-and-mortar location before the end of the year.
Fast-Casual Greek Chain Souvla Adds Plant-Based Lamb to Menu
The San Francisco restaurant launched the vegan lamb at all four of its locations on October 20.
Plant Power Fast Food’s Las Vegas Location Is Now Open
The chain makes vegan versions of fast-food classics from breakfast to dessert!
Pressed Is Launching La Colombe Vegan Cold Brew Smoothies
Give your morning a boost with these convenient, nutrient-dense beverages!
Chicago’s Kale My Name Opening Los Angeles Location with Tabitha Brown
This marks Tabitha Brown’s first vegan restaurant business venture.
Memphis Gets Its First Full-Service Black-Owned Vegan Restaurant
Headed up by celebrity chef Daudi “Da Vegan Guru” McLean, the vegan soul food joint will be Memphis’ first full-service Black-owned vegan restaurant.
The Best Vegan Shrimp Brands
These plant-based shrimps have the taste and texture of traditional seafood!
Subscribe NowOrder the magazine!