4-Step Charred Sesame Garlic Broccoli Recipe
Here it is, a recipe for broccoli in all its simple glory. Lightly charred broccoli, roasted in fragrant sesame oil and tossed with sweet, garlic, lime, and onion sauce.
Servings: 2 Time: 20 minutes Difficulty: Feelin’ Lazy
Recipe by: No Eggs or Ham
- 2 large heads of broccoli, cut into large florets
- 3 tbsps toasted sesame oil
- 2 large pinches of salt
- 2 tbsps soy sauce
- 1 tbsp finely minced garlic
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 tbsp cane sugar
- 1/2 tbsp lime juice
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp white pepper
- Toasted sesame seeds (optional)
1. Heat oven to 500° F and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
2. Toss broccoli florets with sesame oil and salt in a large mixing bowl, spread out on prepped baking sheet, and roast until lightly charred & fork tender; about 12 minutes.
3. In the same mixing bowl the broccoli was prepped in, whisk together all of the sauce ingredients until combined.
4. Add cooked broccoli to mixing bowl and toss to coat. Serve immediately, topped with a few toasted sesame seeds for garnish!
RELATED: Easy One Pan Tofu Scramble
Ryan is a cook, writer, and musician born and raised in Tampa, FL. With years of recipe testing for his Asian-American food blog, No Eggs or Ham, behind him, he strives to sharpen the image of vegan food by highlighting chefs who push the boundaries of plant-based cuisine. Unlike the advice your mom lent you, he encourages you to play with your food every chance you get!
More from VegOut
15 Must-Try Vegan Restaurants in Orange County
Pizza shops, sushi restaurants, burger joints—this list covers it all!
The Best Vegan Restaurants in Florida
From the Panhandle to the big city, Florida is a hot spot for plant-based eats.
10 Best Vegan Restaurants for a Date Night in LA
There are only green flags at these vegan eateries!
Vegan Baked Goods That Ship Nationwide for the Holidays
From Hanukkah bundt cakes and Christmas cookies to gingerbread house kits, this list covers it all!
Our 5 Secret Ingredients for Vegan Holiday Cooking
Add these products to your plant-based recipes this holiday season!
Prados Beauty Celebrates Indigenous Beauty and Resilience
Founder Cece Meadows puts Indigenous voices at the forefront of the beauty industry.
8 Vegan Sweaters to Keep You Warm This Winter
We’re staying warm this season with these vegan styles!
10 Vegan Chocolate Chip Brands Perfect for Baking
These dairy-free chocolate chips were made for cookies, waffles, muffins, and more.
12 Vegan Beauty Gifts to Shop This Holiday Season
Deck the halls with boughs of vegan beauty gifts!
Sustainably and Carefully Sourced Ingredients Set This Native American-Owned Vegan Bakery Apart
Place an order from Wholesome Bakery in honor of Native American Heritage Month!
8 Vegan Bakeries in Los Angeles
Stock up for the holidays at these sweet stops!
11 Best Cruelty-Free, Vegan Laundry Detergents
Elevate your laundry day with these plant-based brands.