4-Step Charred Sesame Garlic Broccoli Recipe
Here it is, a recipe for broccoli in all its simple glory. Lightly charred broccoli, roasted in fragrant sesame oil and tossed with sweet, garlic, lime, and onion sauce.
Servings: 2 Time: 20 minutes Difficulty: Feelin’ Lazy
Recipe by: No Eggs or Ham
- 2 large heads of broccoli, cut into large florets
- 3 tbsps toasted sesame oil
- 2 large pinches of salt
- 2 tbsps soy sauce
- 1 tbsp finely minced garlic
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 tbsp cane sugar
- 1/2 tbsp lime juice
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp white pepper
- Toasted sesame seeds (optional)
1. Heat oven to 500° F and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
2. Toss broccoli florets with sesame oil and salt in a large mixing bowl, spread out on prepped baking sheet, and roast until lightly charred & fork tender; about 12 minutes.
3. In the same mixing bowl the broccoli was prepped in, whisk together all of the sauce ingredients until combined.
4. Add cooked broccoli to mixing bowl and toss to coat. Serve immediately, topped with a few toasted sesame seeds for garnish!
RELATED: Easy One Pan Tofu Scramble
Ryan is a cook, writer, and musician born and raised in Tampa, FL. With years of recipe testing for his Asian-American food blog, No Eggs or Ham, behind him, he strives to sharpen the image of vegan food by highlighting chefs who push the boundaries of plant-based cuisine. Unlike the advice your mom lent you, he encourages you to play with your food every chance you get!
More from VegOut
8 Easy Food Swaps to Make for Plastic-Free July
Grab those reusable bags, we’re going on a plastic-free food hunt!
This Pittsburgh Restaurant and Jazz Bar Is Now 100% Vegan
Con Alma is every vegan music-lover's dream!
11 LGBTQ-Owned Vegan Restaurants to Support in LA
From coffee shops and sit-down restaurants to a nightclub and dinner party pop-up, there are so many great Queer-owned businesses to check out!
5 Ways to Boost Your Mental Well-Being
Here are some tips to live your best, most balanced life!
Cracker Barrel Adds Vegan Sausage to Menu
Cracker Barrel adds its first plant-based meat option to the menu!
New Vegan Butcher Shop to Open in Long Beach This Year
The Plant Butchers and Sugar Taco’s third location is coming to Long Beach!
Smashburger Launches Plant-Based Milkshakes
Smashburger now offers six fully plant-based milkshakes at all locations!
The Best Store-Bought Overnight Oats
Looking for a quick and easy breakfast? These vegan overnight oats are the perfect option!
Vegan Rainbow Treats That Ship Nationwide for Pride Month
Check out these delicious rainbow sweet treats and drinks that are celebrating Pride all month long!
LGBTQ-Owned Vegan Beauty Brands to Support Now and Always
Liven up your beauty routine with these LGBTQ-owned vegan beauty brands!
Peet’s Coffee Launches Vegan Boba Tea
Sip your way through the summer with these vibrant boba-inspired beverages!
Slutty Vegan Debuts New Sneaker and Bag Collab with Steve Madden
Step up your summer fashion with this PETA-certified vegan apparel!
Subscribe NowOrder the magazine!