Vegan Loaded Taco Salad Recipe
This Loaded Taco Salad is a fresh take on a Tex-Mex classic. Made with Hodo Adobo Mexican Crumbles, pickled red onions, and a cilantro-lime vinaigrette, even your non-vegan friends will love this dish.
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp salt, divided
- 1 small-medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cups cilantro (1 bunch)
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 Tbsp champagne vinegar
- 1 ½ Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil, divided
- 1 bell pepper, sliced into strips
- 1 medium white onion, sliced into strips
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ package Hodo Adobo Mexican Crumbles
- 4-6 cups romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 medium avocado, cut into chunks
- ½ cup grape tomatoes, cut into quarters
- 3 radishes, thinly sliced
- ½ cup fresh or thawed yellow sweet corn
- ½ cup black beans
- ½ cup fried tortilla strips
- 1 small jalapeno, thinly sliced (optional)
Pickled red onions:
- Add apple cider vinegar, sugar, and 1 tsp salt to a small bowl, and whisk until well combined.
- Add sliced red onions, and let sit for at least one hour.
- Blend cilantro, olive oil, champagne vinegar, fresh lime juice, 1 tsp salt, and 1 tsp pepper until smooth. Set aside.
Veggies and crumbles:
- Saute peppers and onions with vegetable oil until tender.
- Add smoked paprika, garlic powder, and salt (to taste) toward the end.
- Set aside to cool.
- Heat up a skillet with a small amount of vegetable oil, and brown your Hodo Adobo Mexican Crumbles to desired texture.
- Add lettuce to a bowl and carefully top with avocado chunks, tomatoes, radish slices, corn, beans, sauteed veggies, Hodo Adobo Mexican Crumbles, tortilla strips, and jalapeno.
- Top with pickled red onions and cilantro-lime vinaigrette.
This recipe is brought to you by Hodo Foods, a plant-based food brand that offers a variety of products in addition to Hodo Adobo Mexican Crumbles, including organic tofu, soy milk, pre-seasoned cubes, and more. To learn more and find a store near you that carries Hodo Foods products, visit HodoFoods.com.
Photo credit: Brittney Chung
More from VegOut
This Black-Owned Vegan Restaurant Is Bringing a Taste of the Caribbean to Connecticut
This family-owned vegan Caribbean restaurant is serving up nutritious, flavorful meals for all.
Matthew Kenney’s SESTINA to Open at Century City Mall
SESTINA’s third location is set to open later this month.
5 Reasons Why Natural Energy Drinks Are Better
Searching for a natural energy boost without the jitters and crash? Look no further!
Tofu Tikkā Recipe
Tikkā is a northern Indian dish involving marinated protein or vegetables cooked in a tandoor, or clay oven. My version is made with marinated tofu baked on skewers in a conventional oven to mimic the traditional cooking vessel, which adds a char and smokiness to the dish. Using smoked paprika further pays tribute to the traditional cooking technique. This tikkā is best served hot with cooling mint chutneys and is delicious in lettuce wraps as well. For lettuce wraps, dice the tofu and vegetables into smaller pieces after cooking and fill the lettuce leaves just before serving.
The Best Vegan Breakfast Sandwiches Across the US
People say that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. So why not make it the most delicious, too?
This Vegan Coffee Shop Is a Hub for the Long Beach LGBTQ+ Community
Wood Coffee Co. is not your average caffeine destination.
San Diego’s Veg’n Out Moves Into Mission Square Market
A chef-driven menu upgrade is coming to Grantville’s only vegan deli!
Popular Portland Restaurant SxNW to Permanently Close
The beloved vegan restaurant’s last day of service will be Sunday, August 7.
Lizzo Takes on Veganized Hot Ones Challenge
The vegan singer appeared on the latest episode of Hot Ones, where she enjoyed vegan chicken from popular brand Daring and talked about her newest album, Special.
Tolerant Foods Adds Chickpea Spaghetti to Gluten-Free Vegan Pasta Lineup
Be sure to check out this better-for-you spaghetti for your next pasta night!
Our Favorite Vegan Canned Wine Brands
These cruelty-free wines are convenient and taste great after a long day.
9 Spots for Vegan Ice Cream in Chicago
Check out these nine places to find dairy-free ice cream in the Windy City!