Vegan Feta, Sun-dried Tomato, and Artichoke Tart Recipe
Everything is betta with feta—Follow Your Heart Dairy-Free Feta Crumbles, that is. And this holiday tart is no exception. Share this flavorful dish at your holiday brunch, as an appetizer, or at dinner parties—it’s the perfect anytime recipe to get you through the festivities of the season.
Servings: 6-8 slices Time: Prep: 45 minutes, Cook: 45 minutes
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ cup vegan cold butter
- ½ cup cold water
*or opt for a vegan pre-made crust—no shame!
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- ½ large onion, chopped
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- â…“ cup tomatoes, chopped
- 3 oz spinach, fresh
- 5-6 sun-dried tomatoes, sliced
- 5-6 artichoke hearts, halved
- 16 oz silken tofu (1 package)
- 2 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp each rosemary, basil, and thyme
- 1 tsp each salt and pepper
- 4 oz Follow Your Heart Dairy-Free Feta Crumbles (3oz for filling, 1oz for topping)
1. Whisk flour and salt.
2. Crumble in butter and combine with hands.
3. Add in cold water and knead for about 5 minutes.
4. Form a disk, wrap, and place in the fridge for 30 minutes.
5. Preheat oven to 400°.
6. Lightly flour your cupboard and roll out crust dough ~½ in. thick.
7. Grease tart pan and gently place rolled dough inside.
8. Mold dough to pan, cut off excess, and use a fork to poke holes in the bottom.
9. Bake crust in the oven for 15 minutes.
1. Sauté onions in olive oil until tender. Add in garlic and chopped tomatoes and saute a few additional minutes. Add spinach to wilt.
2. Remove from heat and mix in chopped sundried tomatoes and artichoke hearts.
3. Blend tofu, nutritional yeast, seasonings, and salt and pepper in a blender until smooth.
4. Combine sautéed vegetables, blended tofu mixture, and 3oz of vegan feta in a large bowl.
5. Once the crust has cooked 15 minutes, remove from the oven and add filling to the crust.
6. Top with additional 1oz feta.
7. Bake for 25-30 minutes.
8. Allow 10 minutes of cooling time before cutting and serving.
Serving suggestion: Pair with dressed greens and fruit for the full tart effect!
More from VegOut
The Best Vegan Breakfast Sandwiches Across the US
People say that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. So why not make it the most delicious, too?
This Vegan Coffee Shop Is a Hub for the Long Beach LGBTQ+ Community
Wood Coffee Co. is not your average caffeine destination.
San Diego’s Veg’n Out Moves Into Mission Square Market
A chef-driven menu upgrade is coming to Grantville’s only vegan deli!
Popular Portland Restaurant SxNW to Permanently Close
The beloved vegan restaurant’s last day of service will be Sunday, August 7.
Lizzo Takes on Veganized Hot Ones Challenge
The vegan singer appeared on the latest episode of Hot Ones, where she enjoyed vegan chicken from popular brand Daring and talked about her newest album, Special.
Tolerant Foods Adds Chickpea Spaghetti to Gluten-Free Vegan Pasta Lineup
Be sure to check out this better-for-you spaghetti for your next pasta night!
Our Favorite Vegan Canned Wine Brands
These cruelty-free wines are convenient and taste great after a long day.
9 Spots for Vegan Ice Cream in Chicago
Check out these nine places to find dairy-free ice cream in the Windy City!
10 Must-Try Vegan Restaurants in Amsterdam
Your vegan food travel guide to the Netherlands’ capital.
Alaska Airlines Adds Vegan Meal Option to In-Flight Menu
The “Soy Meets World” vegan salad is available on flights over 1,100 miles.
The Best Vegan Hiking Boots
Hit the trails in these sustainable shoes!
Chili Cauliflower and Tofu Recipe
There’s no question that Indo-Chinese cuisine is adored across India and abroad for its tangy, salty, and spicy flavors. This dish of cauliflower and tofu has classic Indo-Chinese flavors, primarily umami and spicy. Roast both before stir-frying to enhance and develop their textures.