Vegan Feta, Sun-dried Tomato, and Artichoke Tart Recipe
Everything is betta with feta—Follow Your Heart Dairy-Free Feta Crumbles, that is. And this holiday tart is no exception. Share this flavorful dish at your holiday brunch, as an appetizer, or at dinner parties—it’s the perfect anytime recipe to get you through the festivities of the season.
Servings: 6-8 slices Time: Prep: 45 minutes, Cook: 45 minutes
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ cup vegan cold butter
- ½ cup cold water
*or opt for a vegan pre-made crust—no shame!
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- ½ large onion, chopped
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- â…“ cup tomatoes, chopped
- 3 oz spinach, fresh
- 5-6 sun-dried tomatoes, sliced
- 5-6 artichoke hearts, halved
- 16 oz silken tofu (1 package)
- 2 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp each rosemary, basil, and thyme
- 1 tsp each salt and pepper
- 4 oz Follow Your Heart Dairy-Free Feta Crumbles (3oz for filling, 1oz for topping)
1. Whisk flour and salt.
2. Crumble in butter and combine with hands.
3. Add in cold water and knead for about 5 minutes.
4. Form a disk, wrap, and place in the fridge for 30 minutes.
5. Preheat oven to 400°.
6. Lightly flour your cupboard and roll out crust dough ~½ in. thick.
7. Grease tart pan and gently place rolled dough inside.
8. Mold dough to pan, cut off excess, and use a fork to poke holes in the bottom.
9. Bake crust in the oven for 15 minutes.
1. Sauté onions in olive oil until tender. Add in garlic and chopped tomatoes and saute a few additional minutes. Add spinach to wilt.
2. Remove from heat and mix in chopped sundried tomatoes and artichoke hearts.
3. Blend tofu, nutritional yeast, seasonings, and salt and pepper in a blender until smooth.
4. Combine sautéed vegetables, blended tofu mixture, and 3oz of vegan feta in a large bowl.
5. Once the crust has cooked 15 minutes, remove from the oven and add filling to the crust.
6. Top with additional 1oz feta.
7. Bake for 25-30 minutes.
8. Allow 10 minutes of cooling time before cutting and serving.
Serving suggestion: Pair with dressed greens and fruit for the full tart effect!
More from VegOut
OMG! We’re Obsessed with These Veggie Chips
These good-for-you veggie snacks are a tasty way to eat your vegetables.
7 Spots to Get Pumpkin-Flavored Vegan Eats in NYC
Celebrate the fall season with pumpkin-flavored donuts, pies, soups, and more!
Vegan Tapas and Cocktail Bar Opens in Albany, New York
Bar Vegan is now open for late-night eats, signature cocktails, and live music in Central Square.
Vegan BBQ Pop-Up Coming to Brooklyn, NYC This November
Get a taste of Southern BBQ in Brooklyn, NYC at this new vegan pop-up!
Dough Joy Donuts to Open Brick-and-Mortar in Seattle
The popular Seattle-based vegan food truck has plans to open its first brick-and-mortar location before the end of the year.
Fast-Casual Greek Chain Souvla Adds Plant-Based Lamb to Menu
The San Francisco restaurant launched the vegan lamb at all four of its locations on October 20.
Plant Power Fast Food’s Las Vegas Location Is Now Open
The chain makes vegan versions of fast-food classics from breakfast to dessert!
Pressed Is Launching La Colombe Vegan Cold Brew Smoothies
Give your morning a boost with these convenient, nutrient-dense beverages!
Chicago’s Kale My Name Opening Los Angeles Location with Tabitha Brown
This marks Tabitha Brown’s first vegan restaurant business venture.
Memphis Gets Its First Full-Service Black-Owned Vegan Restaurant
Headed up by celebrity chef Daudi “Da Vegan Guru” McLean, the vegan soul food joint will be Memphis’ first full-service Black-owned vegan restaurant.
The Best Vegan Shrimp Brands
These plant-based shrimps have the taste and texture of traditional seafood!
Cape Coral, Florida’s First Gluten-Free Vegan Restaurant Opens
BJ’s Bites is ready to delight gluten-free, vegan diners.
Subscribe NowOrder the magazine!