Vegan Feta, Sun-dried Tomato, and Artichoke Tart Recipe
Everything is betta with feta—Follow Your Heart Dairy-Free Feta Crumbles, that is. And this holiday tart is no exception. Share this flavorful dish at your holiday brunch, as an appetizer, or at dinner parties—it’s the perfect anytime recipe to get you through the festivities of the season.
Servings: 6-8 slices Time: Prep: 45 minutes, Cook: 45 minutes
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ cup vegan cold butter
- ½ cup cold water
*or opt for a vegan pre-made crust—no shame!
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- ½ large onion, chopped
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- â…“ cup tomatoes, chopped
- 3 oz spinach, fresh
- 5-6 sun-dried tomatoes, sliced
- 5-6 artichoke hearts, halved
- 16 oz silken tofu (1 package)
- 2 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp each rosemary, basil, and thyme
- 1 tsp each salt and pepper
- 4 oz Follow Your Heart Dairy-Free Feta Crumbles (3oz for filling, 1oz for topping)
1. Whisk flour and salt.
2. Crumble in butter and combine with hands.
3. Add in cold water and knead for about 5 minutes.
4. Form a disk, wrap, and place in the fridge for 30 minutes.
5. Preheat oven to 400°.
6. Lightly flour your cupboard and roll out crust dough ~½ in. thick.
7. Grease tart pan and gently place rolled dough inside.
8. Mold dough to pan, cut off excess, and use a fork to poke holes in the bottom.
9. Bake crust in the oven for 15 minutes.
1. Sauté onions in olive oil until tender. Add in garlic and chopped tomatoes and saute a few additional minutes. Add spinach to wilt.
2. Remove from heat and mix in chopped sundried tomatoes and artichoke hearts.
3. Blend tofu, nutritional yeast, seasonings, and salt and pepper in a blender until smooth.
4. Combine sautéed vegetables, blended tofu mixture, and 3oz of vegan feta in a large bowl.
5. Once the crust has cooked 15 minutes, remove from the oven and add filling to the crust.
6. Top with additional 1oz feta.
7. Bake for 25-30 minutes.
8. Allow 10 minutes of cooling time before cutting and serving.
Serving suggestion: Pair with dressed greens and fruit for the full tart effect!
During her studies to become a registered dietitian, Anja—a longtime vegetarian—transitioned to a vegan diet. Living in Kalamazoo, Michigan at the time (Go Broncos!), she met Maggie and Tammie through VegOut Kalamazoo (one of VegOut’s first focus cities) and began collaborating with the duo. When she’s not writing about new vegan eats, practicing as a pediatric clinical dietitian, and virtually coaching fellow plant-based eaters, you can find her creating veg-centric recipes, trying new cruelty-free products, and spending time with her partner Addison and cat Kovu.
More from VegOut
11 Essential Vegan Baking Ingredients
Keep these ingredients on hand for creating easy vegan baked goods in a snap.
Meet TCHO’s Dark & Bitter, Your New Favorite Vegan Baking Chocolate
This Dark & Bitter Unsweetened Baking Chocolate is a kitchen staple!
15 Nostalgic Vegan Snacks
We’re throwing it back to the good old days—with a vegan twist!
15 Must-Try Vegan Restaurants in Orange County
Pizza shops, sushi restaurants, burger joints—this list covers it all!
The Best Vegan Restaurants in Florida
From the Panhandle to the big city, Florida is a hot spot for plant-based eats.
10 Best Vegan Restaurants for a Date Night in LA
There are only green flags at these vegan eateries!
Vegan Baked Goods That Ship Nationwide for the Holidays
From Hanukkah bundt cakes and Christmas cookies to gingerbread house kits, this list covers it all!
Our 5 Secret Ingredients for Vegan Holiday Cooking
Add these products to your plant-based recipes this holiday season!
Prados Beauty Celebrates Indigenous Beauty and Resilience
Founder Cece Meadows puts Indigenous voices at the forefront of the beauty industry.
8 Vegan Sweaters to Keep You Warm This Winter
We’re staying warm this season with these vegan styles!
10 Vegan Chocolate Chip Brands Perfect for Baking
These dairy-free chocolate chips were made for cookies, waffles, muffins, and more.
12 Vegan Beauty Gifts to Shop This Holiday Season
Deck the halls with boughs of vegan beauty gifts!