Vegan Feta, Sun-dried Tomato, and Artichoke Tart Recipe
Everything is betta with feta—Follow Your Heart Dairy-Free Feta Crumbles, that is. And this holiday tart is no exception. Share this flavorful dish at your holiday brunch, as an appetizer, or at dinner parties—it’s the perfect anytime recipe to get you through the festivities of the season.
Servings: 6-8 slices Time: Prep: 45 minutes, Cook: 45 minutes
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ cup vegan cold butter
- ½ cup cold water
*or opt for a vegan pre-made crust—no shame!
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- ½ large onion, chopped
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- â…“ cup tomatoes, chopped
- 3 oz spinach, fresh
- 5-6 sun-dried tomatoes, sliced
- 5-6 artichoke hearts, halved
- 16 oz silken tofu (1 package)
- 2 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp each rosemary, basil, and thyme
- 1 tsp each salt and pepper
- 4 oz Follow Your Heart Dairy-Free Feta Crumbles (3oz for filling, 1oz for topping)
1. Whisk flour and salt.
2. Crumble in butter and combine with hands.
3. Add in cold water and knead for about 5 minutes.
4. Form a disk, wrap, and place in the fridge for 30 minutes.
5. Preheat oven to 400°.
6. Lightly flour your cupboard and roll out crust dough ~½ in. thick.
7. Grease tart pan and gently place rolled dough inside.
8. Mold dough to pan, cut off excess, and use a fork to poke holes in the bottom.
9. Bake crust in the oven for 15 minutes.
1. Sauté onions in olive oil until tender. Add in garlic and chopped tomatoes and saute a few additional minutes. Add spinach to wilt.
2. Remove from heat and mix in chopped sundried tomatoes and artichoke hearts.
3. Blend tofu, nutritional yeast, seasonings, and salt and pepper in a blender until smooth.
4. Combine sautéed vegetables, blended tofu mixture, and 3oz of vegan feta in a large bowl.
5. Once the crust has cooked 15 minutes, remove from the oven and add filling to the crust.
6. Top with additional 1oz feta.
7. Bake for 25-30 minutes.
8. Allow 10 minutes of cooling time before cutting and serving.
Serving suggestion: Pair with dressed greens and fruit for the full tart effect!
More from VegOut
The Best Places to Eat Vegan in the South Bay
If you’re heading to Manhattan, Hermosa, or Redondo Beach, there is no shortage of vegan options. From upscale vegan Italian to Asian fusion to a fully vegan organic market with perhaps the best vegan BLTA you will ever have, there’s something for everyone. Here are the best places to eat vegan in the South Bay!
Chef Mark McKinney Is Opening a Vegan Restaurant in Philadelphia This Fall
This vegan chef is transforming his original pop-up into a restaurant concept in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania!
VegOut’s Los Angeles Vegan Gift Guide
Gift giving is a tradition as old as time, but not too long ago collective sighs could be heard across the world when it came time to buy thoughtful presents for vegans. Now, plant-based gift shopping is anything but boring and the furthest thing from difficult! Our Los Angeles vegan gift guide has you covered with everything from hand-poured candles and toxin-free spas to French-style pastries and some of the best chocolate you’ve ever had!
Peet’s Coffee Now Serves a Limited-Edition Vegan Cold Brew Oat Latte
The fan-favorite coffee chain is back at it with the vegan options!
10 Vegan Skincare Brands We Love
It’s time to cue up the messy bun and wash away the troubles of the day with these cruelty-free, vegan skincare brands.
Crocs Plans to Go 100% Vegan by the End of 2021
The wickedly popular shoe brand is putting its kicks into four-wheel drive with its latest sustainability efforts!
Jessica Biel Just Launched a Vegan Wellness Brand for Kids
The actress and mother of two has created a company that makes natural, vegan products for families and also gives back to the planet.
10 Gluten-Free Vegan Snacks That’ll Satisfy Your Cravings
From dips and chips to popcorn and protein bars, these brands have you covered for your gluten-free snacking needs.
New 144-Seat Vegan Restaurant Fancy Plants Kitchen to Open in Chicago
A new all-vegan restaurant is opening in the Lincoln Park neighborhood!
Beyond Meat to Offer Free Vegan Chicken Tenders This Tuesday
In honor of National Chicken Tender Day, Beyond Meat is giving customers a chance to try their new plant-based tenders for free.
New Vegan Vendor Opens at Brooklyn’s DeKalb Market
This new eatery is serving up plantain-based tacos, desserts, and more!
Vegan Meat Brand OZO Launches New Chicken Nuggets, Meatballs, and More
New OZO products including frozen nuggets, meatballs, chicken patties, and fresh versions of the Smokehouse Burger and ground turkey are available this summer.
Subscribe NowOrder the magazine!