Vegan Feta, Sun-dried Tomato, and Artichoke Tart Recipe
Everything is betta with feta—Follow Your Heart Dairy-Free Feta Crumbles, that is. And this holiday tart is no exception. Share this flavorful dish at your holiday brunch, as an appetizer, or at dinner parties—it’s the perfect anytime recipe to get you through the festivities of the season.
Want even more vegan recipes, news, food, and lifestyle content? Subscribe to VegOut LA Magazine!
Servings: 6-8 slices Time: Prep: 45 minutes, Cook: 45 minutes
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ cup vegan cold butter
- ½ cup cold water
*or opt for a vegan pre-made crust—no shame!
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- ½ large onion, chopped
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- â…“ cup tomatoes, chopped
- 3 oz spinach, fresh
- 5-6 sun-dried tomatoes, sliced
- 5-6 artichoke hearts, halved
- 16 oz silken tofu (1 package)
- 2 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp each rosemary, basil, and thyme
- 1 tsp each salt and pepper
- 4 oz Follow Your Heart Dairy-Free Feta Crumbles (3oz for filling, 1oz for topping)
1. Whisk flour and salt.
2. Crumble in butter and combine with hands.
3. Add in cold water and knead for about 5 minutes.
4. Form a disk, wrap, and place in the fridge for 30 minutes.
5. Preheat oven to 400°.
6. Lightly flour your cupboard and roll out crust dough ~½ in. thick.
7. Grease tart pan and gently place rolled dough inside.
8. Mold dough to pan, cut off excess, and use a fork to poke holes in the bottom.
9. Bake crust in the oven for 15 minutes.
1. Sauté onions in olive oil until tender. Add in garlic and chopped tomatoes and saute a few additional minutes. Add spinach to wilt.
2. Remove from heat and mix in chopped sundried tomatoes and artichoke hearts.
3. Blend tofu, nutritional yeast, seasonings, and salt and pepper in a blender until smooth.
4. Combine sautéed vegetables, blended tofu mixture, and 3oz of vegan feta in a large bowl.
5. Once the crust has cooked 15 minutes, remove from the oven and add filling to the crust.
6. Top with additional 1oz feta.
7. Bake for 25-30 minutes.
8. Allow 10 minutes of cooling time before cutting and serving.
Serving suggestion: Pair with dressed greens and fruit for the full tart effect!
More from VegOut
LA’s Lettuce Feast Food Truck Burns Down, Owners Raise Money to Rebuild
The famed vegan fried chicken food truck caught on fire last night and owners Eva Cannon and Will Perrymon launched a GoFundMe to raise money for a new truck, or brick-and-mortar location.
14 Women-Owned Vegan Food Brands to Support Right Now
Thank you, Queen Bey, girls really do run the world, and for International Women’s Day we’re rounding up some of our favorite women-owned vegan brands!
The 17 Best Vegan Sandwiches in Los Angeles
‘Tis the season for comfort food and sweatpants. We’re rounding up some of our favorite go-to comfort food indulgences—found between two slices of bread—from around the city. All of these sandwiches pair nicely with the cozy loungewear overtaking your closet since the beginning of last March, am I right?
Women-Owned Vegan Restaurants to Support in NYC for Women’s History Month
NYC is known for having some of the best vegan cuisine in the country—and many of these plant-based eateries are owned and operated by female chefs, restaurateurs, and even fashion entrepreneurs. Whether you’re craving a plate of chicken & waffles, or your sweet tooth is calling for a pecan chocolate cookie—these women-owned restaurants have you covered. Celebrate Women’s History Month by visiting one of these delicious vegan spots!
Start Your Day off Right with These 10 Vegan Breakfast Cereals
The grocery aisle is packed with cereal options and, fortunately for us, there’s a growing number of vegan brands. Whether you’re feeding your inner child with fun shapes and flavors or fueling your adult breakfast cravings with superfoods and whole grains, here’s a list of vegan cereals to get your day started right.
The Herbivorous Butcher Is Opening a Vegan Fried Chicken Restaurant
The first vegan butcher shop in the US is opening a new fast casual vegan fried chicken restaurant this spring!
The 10 Best Store-Bought Guacamole Brands
Guac doesn’t have to be extra, but that doesn’t mean you and your culinary creations can’t be! From spur of the moment fiestas to mashed avo breaky toast to roasted veggie grain bowls topped with spicy guac, the possibilities are endless. With several packaged guacs available, it’s easier than ever to rock out with your guac out. Here are 10 store bought guacamole varieties you need to try.
5 Vegan Chocolate Chip Brands Perfect for Baking
It’s the perfect time to pull out that favorite recipe and bake some chewy, delicious chocolate chip cookies. The baking aisle is packed with competing chocolate chip brands, and now is not the time to stand around reading ingredient labels. Let us make things easy for you. Looking for gluten-free? Soy-free? Sugar-free? We’ve included chocolate chips everyone can enjoy. Here’s our list of the best vegan-friendly chocolate chips you need in your pantry now.
Buffalo Hummus Recipe
This is one of my favorite hummus spreads to make! It comes together in minutes and it’s packed with all the spice. I usually serve it with pita tortilla chips but it’s also great with veggies if you’re aiming for a healthier take. It’s a crowd-pleaser and I bet that when it’s done, your only wish is that you made more!
8 Spots for Vegan Milkshakes in NYC
We all love a good bowl of ice cream, but sometimes what we really need is a tasty milkshake to wet our whistles. From fall-inspired shakes to mint chocolate chip, there is a shake for every palate at these vegan and vegan-friendly NYC eateries. Here are eight spots for vegan milkshakes in NYC.
Subscribe NowOrder the magazine!