Easy Vegan Chickpea “Tuna” Salad Recipe
This easy vegan chickpea salad is rich in protein, fiber, flavor, and versatility. Made from plant-based pantry staples, this salad can be planned in advance or put together totally last minute. Try serving it between slices of whole-grain bread, as a dip paired with veggie sticks and crackers, or atop loaded salads. This legume-based dish is the perfect appetizer, snack, and meal addition. For increased simplicity, this salad can be made with or without a food processor—let’s get mashing!
Time: 10-15 minutes
- 1 medium stalk celery, roughly chopped
- 1 15oz can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 3 tablespoons vegan mayo or blended silken tofu
- 2 teaspoons each: dried dill, onion powder, and garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional: 1 tablespoon nori or dulse flakes (seaweed)
- Add all ingredients to your food processor.
- Pulse until well combined, scraping the sides occasionally.
Note: Do not overprocess. The goal is not a hummus-like consistency, but a more chunky texture.
- Chop the celery into much smaller pieces and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, add all the other ingredients.
- Use a potato masher or large fork to mash ingredients to the desired consistency.
- Add in the chopped celery toward the end and mix well.
Recipe and image adapted from vegcentricdietitian.com.
More from VegOut
Ann Arbor, Michigan Encourages Residents to Adopt Plant-Based Diets
Ann Arbor’s A2Zero Carbon-Neutrality Plan calls for promoting plant-rich diets within the community.
RZA Teams up with Violife to Award Five Black-Owned Restaurants $100K
The new grant program aims to make plant-based eating more accessible, affordable, and delicious in local communities.
Starbucks Is Testing Vegan Whipped Cream at Two Seattle Locations
We’re crossing our fingers it launches nationwide!
The Best Store-Bought Vegan Pumpkin Spice Coffee Creamers
You need these festive non-dairy coffee creamers in your autumn morning routine.
This Multivitamin Was Made Specifically for Plant-Based Diets
This supplement was made specifically for plant-based eaters.
30 Vegan Pumpkin Products to Try This Fall
You won’t want to miss these vegan pumpkin-flavored products!
Orlando’s Top 10 Vegan Desserts
Central Florida has a sweet tooth, and we’re not complaining.
Where to Get Impossible Chicken Nuggets
Offering everything from sausage to beef, Impossible Foods recently added a new product to their lineup—Impossible Chicken Nuggets!
LA’s Honeybee Burger Is Opening a Location in New York City
The LA-based vegan burger joint is expanding on the East Coast!
Fifth Annual Lancaster, Pennsylvania VegFest Takes Place This Weekend
The Pennsylvania festival is back for two days of vegan fun September 18-19.
Women-Owned Vegan Cafe and Grocery Store Opens in Greenpoint, Brooklyn
Grab your morning espresso and a snack or two at Brooklyn’s newest plant-based concept!
This Instant Vegan Coffee Creamer Is Perfect for Your Busy Morning
Laird Superfood makes convenient and nutritious coffee creamers in a handful of delicious flavors!
Subscribe NowOrder the magazine!