20-Minute Vegan Teriyaki Chicken Stir-Fry Recipe
Seared veggies and soy chick’n in a classic Japanese teriyaki sauce made from mirin, soy sauce, sugar, ginger, and garlic.
Servings: 2 Time: 20 minutes Difficulty: Feelin’ Lazy
Recipe by: No Eggs or Ham
- 2 vegan chicken cutlets (Gardein's Chick'n Scallopini is our favorite)
- 1/2 small zucchini, cut into â…› inch rounds
- 3 stems of broccolini, cut into long, bite sized pieces
- 1/4 medium onion, cut into thin wedges
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil (plus more as needed)
- Black pepper
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons mirin
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 tsp freshly grated ginger
- 1/4 tsp freshly grated garlic (about 1 clove)
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced
- Toasted sesame seeds
- Cooked jasmine rice
1. Add all of the sauce ingredients to a small, airtight container and shake to combine (the sugar will remain crunchy; that's okay). Set aside for now.
2. Heat a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Once hot, add in sesame oil and swirl around to coat. Place in chicken cutlets and sear on each side until heavily browned; about 4 minutes per side. Pro tip: a little burning adds flavor!
3. Transfer chicken to a cutting board, cut into bite-sized pieces, and keep aside for now.
4. Using the same pan as before, boost heat to high and toss in zucchini, broccolini, onions, and a medium pinch of salt. Use tongs to scrub the veggies against the pan, scraping off burnt pieces of chicken for extra flavor. Cook, tossing occasionally, until veggies are lightly charred in some areas; about 3 minutes.
5. Add the chicken back into the pan along with all of the teriyaki sauce from Step 1. Toss and stir frequently until sauce is seared onto the veggies; about 1 ½ minutes.
6. Top with scallions and toasted sesame seeds and serve immediately! Pairs wonderfully with fresh jasmine rice.
Ryan is a cook, writer, and musician born and raised in Tampa, FL. With years of recipe testing for his Asian-American food blog, No Eggs or Ham, behind him, he strives to sharpen the image of vegan food by highlighting chefs who push the boundaries of plant-based cuisine. Unlike the advice your mom lent you, he encourages you to play with your food every chance you get!
More from VegOut
Sticky Fingers Bakery Now Ships Nationwide
The beloved D.C. bakery is moving toward a fully e-commerce platform.
10 Spots for Vegan Mac and Cheese in NYC
Whether you prefer yours topped with bacon or truffle, these vegan and vegan-friendly restaurants have your mac and cheese needs covered!
Vegan Bodega Opens in Atlanta This Fall
The LA-based all-vegan bodega and neighborhood market, LaRayia’s Bodega, is opening at Ponce City Market this October.
Wilmington, North Carolina Gets Its First Vegan Food Truck
The Hardcore Hippie made its debut this month in Wilmington, North Carolina.
Pure Vegan Cafe Opens Second Location in Raleigh, North Carolina
The juice bar and vegan cafe will host its grand opening on September 23.
Lightlife Foods Debuts National Television Commercial
The popular faux meat brand is stepping it up!
11 Best Vegan Croissants in Los Angeles
These beauties are golden, flaky, and oh-so-buttery!
Our Favorite Vegan Restaurants in Portland
Add these restaurants to the top of your must-try list in the City of Roses!
Anitta Teams up with Burger King to Launch Limited-Edition Vegan Combo Meal
The collaboration stemmed from the fast-food chain’s ban of 120 artificial ingredients from its menu.
Ann Arbor, Michigan Encourages Residents to Adopt Plant-Based Diets
Ann Arbor’s A2Zero Carbon-Neutrality Plan calls for promoting plant-rich diets within the community.
RZA Teams up with Violife to Award Five Black-Owned Restaurants $100K
The new grant program aims to make plant-based eating more accessible, affordable, and delicious in local communities.
Starbucks Is Testing Vegan Whipped Cream at Two Seattle Locations
We’re crossing our fingers it launches nationwide!
Subscribe NowOrder the magazine!