20-Minute Vegan Teriyaki Chicken Stir-Fry Recipe
Seared veggies and soy chick’n in a classic Japanese teriyaki sauce made from mirin, soy sauce, sugar, ginger, and garlic.
Servings: 2 Time: 20 minutes Difficulty: Feelin’ Lazy
Recipe by: No Eggs or Ham
- 2 vegan chicken cutlets (Gardein's Chick'n Scallopini is our favorite)
- 1/2 small zucchini, cut into â…› inch rounds
- 3 stems of broccolini, cut into long, bite sized pieces
- 1/4 medium onion, cut into thin wedges
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil (plus more as needed)
- Black pepper
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons mirin
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 tsp freshly grated ginger
- 1/4 tsp freshly grated garlic (about 1 clove)
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced
- Toasted sesame seeds
- Cooked jasmine rice
1. Add all of the sauce ingredients to a small, airtight container and shake to combine (the sugar will remain crunchy; that's okay). Set aside for now.
2. Heat a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Once hot, add in sesame oil and swirl around to coat. Place in chicken cutlets and sear on each side until heavily browned; about 4 minutes per side. Pro tip: a little burning adds flavor!
3. Transfer chicken to a cutting board, cut into bite-sized pieces, and keep aside for now.
4. Using the same pan as before, boost heat to high and toss in zucchini, broccolini, onions, and a medium pinch of salt. Use tongs to scrub the veggies against the pan, scraping off burnt pieces of chicken for extra flavor. Cook, tossing occasionally, until veggies are lightly charred in some areas; about 3 minutes.
5. Add the chicken back into the pan along with all of the teriyaki sauce from Step 1. Toss and stir frequently until sauce is seared onto the veggies; about 1 ½ minutes.
6. Top with scallions and toasted sesame seeds and serve immediately! Pairs wonderfully with fresh jasmine rice.
Ryan is a cook, writer, and musician born and raised in Tampa, FL. With years of recipe testing for his Asian-American food blog, No Eggs or Ham, behind him, he strives to sharpen the image of vegan food by highlighting chefs who push the boundaries of plant-based cuisine. Unlike the advice your mom lent you, he encourages you to play with your food every chance you get!
More from VegOut
8 Easy Food Swaps to Make for Plastic-Free July
Grab those reusable bags, we’re going on a plastic-free food hunt!
This Pittsburgh Restaurant and Jazz Bar Is Now 100% Vegan
Con Alma is every vegan music-lover's dream!
11 LGBTQ-Owned Vegan Restaurants to Support in LA
From coffee shops and sit-down restaurants to a nightclub and dinner party pop-up, there are so many great Queer-owned businesses to check out!
5 Ways to Boost Your Mental Well-Being
Here are some tips to live your best, most balanced life!
Cracker Barrel Adds Vegan Sausage to Menu
Cracker Barrel adds its first plant-based meat option to the menu!
New Vegan Butcher Shop to Open in Long Beach This Year
The Plant Butchers and Sugar Taco’s third location is coming to Long Beach!
Smashburger Launches Plant-Based Milkshakes
Smashburger now offers six fully plant-based milkshakes at all locations!
The Best Store-Bought Overnight Oats
Looking for a quick and easy breakfast? These vegan overnight oats are the perfect option!
Vegan Rainbow Treats That Ship Nationwide for Pride Month
Check out these delicious rainbow sweet treats and drinks that are celebrating Pride all month long!
LGBTQ-Owned Vegan Beauty Brands to Support Now and Always
Liven up your beauty routine with these LGBTQ-owned vegan beauty brands!
Peet’s Coffee Launches Vegan Boba Tea
Sip your way through the summer with these vibrant boba-inspired beverages!
Slutty Vegan Debuts New Sneaker and Bag Collab with Steve Madden
Step up your summer fashion with this PETA-certified vegan apparel!
Subscribe NowOrder the magazine!