What can I really say about this breakfast contribution except that it’s another tasty way to shovel scramble in your face! If you know me, you know I love tots, perhaps even more than french fries or onion rings ... but do I have to pick? Don’t you love all your children equally?! I can’t pick. These totcho toppings are mere suggestions but it’s how I fix mine—you do whatever you want.
Servings: 2 large or 4 small servings Time: Prep: 10 minutes, Cook: 35 minutes
- 1 package (about 1lb/453g) frozen tater tots
- 1 cup vegan cheddar shreds
- 1 cup tofu scramble or mung bean scramble
- ½ cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup grape tomatoes, halved (about 12 tomatoes)
- ⅓ cup thinly sliced jalapeno (about 1 large jalapeno)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green onion (white and light green parts)
- Vegan sour cream for serving
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Spread out the tater tots on a baking sheet in an even layer and bake for 25 to 35 minutes, until golden brown and very crispy, or bake according to package directions (bake time may vary depending on the brand).
- Gather the tots closer together on the baking sheet to assemble the totchos or transfer them to a square baking dish if you’d rather. Top the tots with half the cheese, then add the scramble, black beans, tomatoes, jalapeños, remaining cheese, and green onion.
- Broil on high for 4 to 5 minutes or until the cheese is melted and golden brown on top.
- Drizzle with vegan sour cream and serve.
Adapted from HOT FOR FOOD ALL DAY. Copyright © 2021 by Lauren Toyota. Published by Ten Speed Press, an imprint of Random House, a division of Penguin Random House LLC.