Cheesy Vegan Beef-Stuffed Peppers Recipe
These cheesy vegan beef-stuffed peppers are bringing major comfort food vibes. Overflowing with Hodo Adobo Mexican Crumbles and melty plant-based cheese, what’s not to love?
- ¼-½ cup unsweetened non-dairy milk
- 2 cups shredded vegan cheese, divided into two
- 7oz can chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 2-3 Tbsp vegetable oil, divided
- 1 pack Hodo Adobo Mexican Crumbles
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ jalapeno, diced
- 2 cups cooked rice (brown or white)
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp dried cilantro
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 bell peppers, tops cut off and seeds removed
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
Preheat oven to 350°.
Adobo cheese sauce:
- Add milk to a saucepan, and heat on low-medium until warm.
- Mix in 1 cup vegan cheese shreds and whisk until melted.
- If additional milk is needed, add in 1 Tbsp increments.
- Stir in 3 Tbsp of canned adobo sauce (peppers removed).
Stuffed pepper filling:
- Heat a skillet with a small amount of vegetable oil, and brown Hodo Adobo Mexican Crumbles to desired texture.
- Saute onions, garlic, and jalapeno with additional vegetable oil until tender.
- In a mixing bowl, add rice, sauteed onion, garlic, and jalapeno mixture, Hodo Adobo Mexican Crumbles, spices, salt, and pepper. Combine well.
- Stir in the adobo cheese sauce, and mix well.
Assembly and cooking instructions:
- Stuff peppers with the filling mixture, layering with additional vegan cheese (optional).
- Assemble stuffed peppers in a lightly oiled casserole pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until cheese is melted and peppers begin to soften.
- Garnish with chopped green onions.
This recipe is brought to you by Hodo Foods, a plant-based food brand that offers a variety of products in addition to Hodo Adobo Mexican Crumbles, including organic tofu, soy milk, pre-seasoned cubes, and more. To learn more and find a store near you that carries Hodo Foods products, visit HodoFoods.com.
Photo credit: Brittney Chung
More from VegOut
8 Easy Food Swaps to Make for Plastic-Free July
Grab those reusable bags, we’re going on a plastic-free food hunt!
This Pittsburgh Restaurant and Jazz Bar Is Now 100% Vegan
Con Alma is every vegan music-lover's dream!
11 LGBTQ-Owned Vegan Restaurants to Support in LA
From coffee shops and sit-down restaurants to a nightclub and dinner party pop-up, there are so many great Queer-owned businesses to check out!
5 Ways to Boost Your Mental Well-Being
Here are some tips to live your best, most balanced life!
Cracker Barrel Adds Vegan Sausage to Menu
Cracker Barrel adds its first plant-based meat option to the menu!
New Vegan Butcher Shop to Open in Long Beach This Year
The Plant Butchers and Sugar Taco’s third location is coming to Long Beach!
Smashburger Launches Plant-Based Milkshakes
Smashburger now offers six fully plant-based milkshakes at all locations!
The Best Store-Bought Overnight Oats
Looking for a quick and easy breakfast? These vegan overnight oats are the perfect option!
Vegan Rainbow Treats That Ship Nationwide for Pride Month
Check out these delicious rainbow sweet treats and drinks that are celebrating Pride all month long!
LGBTQ-Owned Vegan Beauty Brands to Support Now and Always
Liven up your beauty routine with these LGBTQ-owned vegan beauty brands!
Peet’s Coffee Launches Vegan Boba Tea
Sip your way through the summer with these vibrant boba-inspired beverages!
Slutty Vegan Debuts New Sneaker and Bag Collab with Steve Madden
Step up your summer fashion with this PETA-certified vegan apparel!
Subscribe NowOrder the magazine!