Cheesy Vegan Beef-Stuffed Peppers Recipe
These cheesy vegan beef-stuffed peppers are bringing major comfort food vibes. Overflowing with Hodo Adobo Mexican Crumbles and melty plant-based cheese, what’s not to love?
- ¼-½ cup unsweetened non-dairy milk
- 2 cups shredded vegan cheese, divided into two
- 7oz can chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 2-3 Tbsp vegetable oil, divided
- 1 pack Hodo Adobo Mexican Crumbles
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ jalapeno, diced
- 2 cups cooked rice (brown or white)
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp dried cilantro
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 bell peppers, tops cut off and seeds removed
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
Preheat oven to 350°.
Adobo cheese sauce:
- Add milk to a saucepan, and heat on low-medium until warm.
- Mix in 1 cup vegan cheese shreds and whisk until melted.
- If additional milk is needed, add in 1 Tbsp increments.
- Stir in 3 Tbsp of canned adobo sauce (peppers removed).
Stuffed pepper filling:
- Heat a skillet with a small amount of vegetable oil, and brown Hodo Adobo Mexican Crumbles to desired texture.
- Saute onions, garlic, and jalapeno with additional vegetable oil until tender.
- In a mixing bowl, add rice, sauteed onion, garlic, and jalapeno mixture, Hodo Adobo Mexican Crumbles, spices, salt, and pepper. Combine well.
- Stir in the adobo cheese sauce, and mix well.
Assembly and cooking instructions:
- Stuff peppers with the filling mixture, layering with additional vegan cheese (optional).
- Assemble stuffed peppers in a lightly oiled casserole pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until cheese is melted and peppers begin to soften.
- Garnish with chopped green onions.
This recipe is brought to you by Hodo Foods, a plant-based food brand that offers a variety of products in addition to Hodo Adobo Mexican Crumbles, including organic tofu, soy milk, pre-seasoned cubes, and more. To learn more and find a store near you that carries Hodo Foods products, visit HodoFoods.com.
Photo credit: Brittney Chung
During her studies to become a registered dietitian, Anja—a longtime vegetarian—transitioned to a vegan diet. Living in Kalamazoo, Michigan at the time (Go Broncos!), she met Maggie and Tammie through VegOut Kalamazoo (one of VegOut’s first focus cities) and began collaborating with the duo. When she’s not writing about new vegan eats, practicing as a pediatric clinical dietitian, and virtually coaching fellow plant-based eaters, you can find her creating veg-centric recipes, trying new cruelty-free products, and spending time with her partner Addison and cat Kovu.
More from VegOut
The Best Vegan Restaurants in Florida
From the Panhandle to the big city, Florida is a hot spot for plant-based eats.
10 Best Vegan Restaurants for a Date Night in LA
There are only green flags at these vegan eateries!
Vegan Baked Goods That Ship Nationwide for the Holidays
From Hanukkah bundt cakes and Christmas cookies to gingerbread house kits, this list covers it all!
Our 5 Secret Ingredients for Vegan Holiday Cooking
Add these products to your plant-based recipes this holiday season!
Prados Beauty Celebrates Indigenous Beauty and Resilience
Founder Cece Meadows puts Indigenous voices at the forefront of the beauty industry.
8 Vegan Sweaters to Keep You Warm This Winter
We’re staying warm this season with these vegan styles!
10 Vegan Chocolate Chip Brands Perfect for Baking
These dairy-free chocolate chips were made for cookies, waffles, muffins, and more.
12 Vegan Beauty Gifts to Shop This Holiday Season
Deck the halls with boughs of vegan beauty gifts!
Sustainably and Carefully Sourced Ingredients Set This Native American-Owned Vegan Bakery Apart
Place an order from Wholesome Bakery in honor of Native American Heritage Month!
8 Vegan Bakeries in Los Angeles
Stock up for the holidays at these sweet stops!
11 Best Cruelty-Free, Vegan Laundry Detergents
Elevate your laundry day with these plant-based brands.
Pomona’s First All-Vegetarian Spot Borreguitas Serves Traditional Mexican Dishes
This powerful story highlights how the Torres family turned their 15-year-old restaurant into Pomona’s first vegetarian spot!