These cheesy vegan beef-stuffed peppers are bringing major comfort food vibes. Overflowing with Hodo Adobo Mexican Crumbles and melty plant-based cheese, what’s not to love?
- ¼-½ cup unsweetened non-dairy milk
- 2 cups shredded vegan cheese, divided into two
- 7oz can chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 2-3 Tbsp vegetable oil, divided
- 1 pack Hodo Adobo Mexican Crumbles
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ jalapeno, diced
- 2 cups cooked rice (brown or white)
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp dried cilantro
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 bell peppers, tops cut off and seeds removed
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
Preheat oven to 350°.
Adobo cheese sauce:
- Add milk to a saucepan, and heat on low-medium until warm.
- Mix in 1 cup vegan cheese shreds and whisk until melted.
- If additional milk is needed, add in 1 Tbsp increments.
- Stir in 3 Tbsp of canned adobo sauce (peppers removed).
Stuffed pepper filling:
- Heat a skillet with a small amount of vegetable oil, and brown Hodo Adobo Mexican Crumbles to desired texture.
- Saute onions, garlic, and jalapeno with additional vegetable oil until tender.
- In a mixing bowl, add rice, sauteed onion, garlic, and jalapeno mixture, Hodo Adobo Mexican Crumbles, spices, salt, and pepper. Combine well.
- Stir in the adobo cheese sauce, and mix well.
Assembly and cooking instructions:
- Stuff peppers with the filling mixture, layering with additional vegan cheese (optional).
- Assemble stuffed peppers in a lightly oiled casserole pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until cheese is melted and peppers begin to soften.
- Garnish with chopped green onions.
This recipe is brought to you by Hodo Foods, a plant-based food brand that offers a variety of products in addition to Hodo Adobo Mexican Crumbles, including organic tofu, soy milk, pre-seasoned cubes, and more. To learn more and find a store near you that carries Hodo Foods products, visit HodoFoods.com.
Photo credit: Brittney Chung