Cheesy Vegan Beef-Stuffed Peppers Recipe
These cheesy vegan beef-stuffed peppers are bringing major comfort food vibes. Overflowing with Hodo Adobo Mexican Crumbles and melty plant-based cheese, what’s not to love?
- ¼-½ cup unsweetened non-dairy milk
- 2 cups shredded vegan cheese, divided into two
- 7oz can chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 2-3 Tbsp vegetable oil, divided
- 1 pack Hodo Adobo Mexican Crumbles
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ jalapeno, diced
- 2 cups cooked rice (brown or white)
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp dried cilantro
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 bell peppers, tops cut off and seeds removed
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
Preheat oven to 350°.
Adobo cheese sauce:
- Add milk to a saucepan, and heat on low-medium until warm.
- Mix in 1 cup vegan cheese shreds and whisk until melted.
- If additional milk is needed, add in 1 Tbsp increments.
- Stir in 3 Tbsp of canned adobo sauce (peppers removed).
Stuffed pepper filling:
- Heat a skillet with a small amount of vegetable oil, and brown Hodo Adobo Mexican Crumbles to desired texture.
- Saute onions, garlic, and jalapeno with additional vegetable oil until tender.
- In a mixing bowl, add rice, sauteed onion, garlic, and jalapeno mixture, Hodo Adobo Mexican Crumbles, spices, salt, and pepper. Combine well.
- Stir in the adobo cheese sauce, and mix well.
Assembly and cooking instructions:
- Stuff peppers with the filling mixture, layering with additional vegan cheese (optional).
- Assemble stuffed peppers in a lightly oiled casserole pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until cheese is melted and peppers begin to soften.
- Garnish with chopped green onions.
This recipe is brought to you by Hodo Foods, a plant-based food brand that offers a variety of products in addition to Hodo Adobo Mexican Crumbles, including organic tofu, soy milk, pre-seasoned cubes, and more. To learn more and find a store near you that carries Hodo Foods products, visit HodoFoods.com.
Photo credit: Brittney Chung
More from VegOut
Freebirds World Burrito Adds Vegan Chorizo to Menu
Abbot’s Butcher’s plant-based chorizo and Siete Family Foods’ grain-free tortillas are now available at all Freebirds locations.
Starbucks Launches Ready-to-Drink Oat Milk Frappuccinos
The bottled Frappuccinos are available in two new flavors and will be rolling out at retailers over the course of 2022.
The Best Body Lotions for Dry Winter Skin
Harsh winter weather calls for luxurious lotions!
An Interview with AFI’s Davey Havok
Lead singer of punk rock band AFI, Davey Havok is no stranger to veganism—having been vegan for over two decades. As part of the straight edge community in the 90s, he was heavily influenced by its members who also abstained from the use of animal products. In 2021, AFI released their new album, Bodies. We chatted with Havok to learn more about his music career and vegan lifestyle.
Store-Bought Vegan Super Bowl Party Snacks
These plant-based snacks are perfect for your game-day celebration!
Panda Express Is Testing Two Beyond Beef Dishes in Pasadena Starting Today
Panda Express is veganizing more American Chinese classics!
PLNT Burger’s 10th Location Opens in New York City
This all-vegan burger spot has expanded to NYC’s Union Square.
LA’s Pizzanista Launches Joan Jett Heart-Shaped Vegan Pizza
LA’s Pizzanista has collaborated with Miyoko’s Creamery and PETA to honor rock legend and animal rights activist Joan Jett with a limited-edition heart-shaped pizza in a Joan Jett-decorated box.
Pret a Manger Launches Vegan Meatball Wrap in US
The vegan meatball wrap is the first meat alternative option offered by the brand in the US.
LA’s Taco Vega Is Permanently Closing
The popular LA-based vegan restaurant will be closing its doors on Wednesday, January 26 after one year of service.
Add This Must-Try Vegan Protein Powder to Your Post-Workout Shake
We’re starting off 2022 on a fit note with this plant-based protein powder!
McDonald’s Expands McPlant Test to 600 US Locations
The vegan burger will be available in the San Francisco Bay and Dallas-Fort Worth areas beginning February 14 for a limited time.
Subscribe NowOrder the magazine!