Baked Teriyaki Cauliflower Wings Recipe
Cauliflower is the one veggie we cannot stop cooking with. It’s the glow-up of the century, and we are here for it! From cauli gnocchi and crackers to hash browns and vegan wings, this cruciferous vegetable can do just about anything. Give your chefy skills a whirl by recreating our baked teriyaki cauliflower wings recipe! These make for an excellent appetizer or mealtime addition—we love pairing them with rice and tofu stir-fry. As for the teriyaki sauce, opt for a store-bought variety or make your own tasty glaze by following our instructions below.
Time: 45-60 minutes
- 2-3 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 small-medium head of cauliflower, chopped into florets about 2 inches in size
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour (sub rice flour for gluten-free)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened soy or pea milk
- 1 tsp each: garlic powder, onion powder, smoked paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
Teriyaki Sauce Ingredients
- 1/4 cup soy sauce or aminos
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar or coconut sugar
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp ginger, minced or 1/2 tsp ground ginger powder
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water (additional)
- Preheat the oven to 425°. Opt for parchment paper, foil, or a silicone baking mat to line the baking sheet. Lightly coat with vegetable oil.
- Combine flour, milk, seasonings, salt, and pepper in a large bowl. Mix until no lumps are detected. This should be a smooth, runny batter.
- Add the cauliflower florets to the mixture. Coat lightly and evenly.
- Assemble the battered cauliflower florets on your baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from the oven, flip the florets, and return to the oven for an additional 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly.
- Lightly toss the florets with teriyaki sauce and serve!
Teriyaki Sauce Instructions
- Combine soy sauce, 1/2 cup water, orange juice, brown sugar, garlic, and ginger in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Whisk and bring to a simmer.
- In a separate bowl, create a cornstarch slurry by combining cornstarch with the additional 1/4 cup of water. Mix until dissolved. Add to the saucepan and whisk into the sauce.
- Continue to heat over medium heat until the sauce thickens.
- Garnish with chopped green onions and red pepper flakes for extra color and flavor.
- For even crispier wings, pan-fry in vegetable oil.
Recipe and image adapted from vegcentricdietitian.com.
More from VegOut
Ann Arbor, Michigan Encourages Residents to Adopt Plant-Based Diets
Ann Arbor’s A2Zero Carbon-Neutrality Plan calls for promoting plant-rich diets within the community.
RZA Teams up with Violife to Award Five Black-Owned Restaurants $100K
The new grant program aims to make plant-based eating more accessible, affordable, and delicious in local communities.
Starbucks Is Testing Vegan Whipped Cream at Two Seattle Locations
We’re crossing our fingers it launches nationwide!
The Best Store-Bought Vegan Pumpkin Spice Coffee Creamers
You need these festive non-dairy coffee creamers in your autumn morning routine.
This Multivitamin Was Made Specifically for Plant-Based Diets
This supplement was made specifically for plant-based eaters.
30 Vegan Pumpkin Products to Try This Fall
You won’t want to miss these vegan pumpkin-flavored products!
Orlando’s Top 10 Vegan Desserts
Central Florida has a sweet tooth, and we’re not complaining.
Where to Get Impossible Chicken Nuggets
Offering everything from sausage to beef, Impossible Foods recently added a new product to their lineup—Impossible Chicken Nuggets!
LA’s Honeybee Burger Is Opening a Location in New York City
The LA-based vegan burger joint is expanding on the East Coast!
Fifth Annual Lancaster, Pennsylvania VegFest Takes Place This Weekend
The Pennsylvania festival is back for two days of vegan fun September 18-19.
Women-Owned Vegan Cafe and Grocery Store Opens in Greenpoint, Brooklyn
Grab your morning espresso and a snack or two at Brooklyn’s newest plant-based concept!
This Instant Vegan Coffee Creamer Is Perfect for Your Busy Morning
Laird Superfood makes convenient and nutritious coffee creamers in a handful of delicious flavors!
Subscribe NowOrder the magazine!