5 Easy Veggie-Packed Vegan Pasta Recipes
We’re getting creative in the kitchen with plant-based penne and more!
Better-for-you comfort meals—coming right up! If you didn’t already catch on, we’re talking about plant-based pasta! Of course, we are—who doesn’t love saucy noodles? It’s the tasty, creative, and comforting vibes for us. Looking to add a few new pasta pairings to your mealtime regimen? Well, then say pasta la vista to your current recipes. It’s time to level up your meals and feel good about eating noodles with these veggie-packed vegan pasta recipes.
5 Veggie-Packed Vegan Pasta Recipes
- Tempeh Pasta Salad: Start with a batch of cooked zucchini penne pasta. Pair marinated and cooked tempeh slices and chopped vegetables with the chilled pasta. Toss with a homemade or store-bought balsamic vinaigrette and vegan parmesan for the perfect potluck dish or packed workday lunch.
- Tahini Puttanesca: Load up homemade or store-bought marinara with sliced olives, chunky tomatoes, diced garlic, salty capers, and chili peppers. Serve over sweet potato penne, and top with a drizzle of tahini for that added dairy-free creaminess.
- Minestrone Pasta: Saute diced onions, carrots, celery, garlic, and additional vegetables of choice until soft. Add crushed canned tomatoes, canned kidney beans, and a small amount of vegetable broth. Serve the chunky soup-inspired mixture over cauliflower penne and enjoy!
- Carbonara-inspired Pasta Bowl: Cook zucchini spaghetti pasta. Then toss it with vegan butter, nutritional yeast, salt, pepper, and a bit of leftover pasta water. Combine the dish with sauteed onions, garlic, peas, and chopped vegan bacon. Dinner is served!
- Cashew Alfredo: Blend soaked cashews, white wine, roasted garlic, vegetable broth, and nutritional yeast until smooth. Pour over cooked cauliflower linguini. Then add a bit of leftover pasta water, as needed, until you achieve the desired consistency. Top with fresh basil and vegan parm.
Veggiecraft Farms Pasta
No matter which vegan pasta recipe pairing has you inspired, don’t start your dish with just any noodles! You’ll want to begin with a good base filled with better-for-you ingredients and great flavor. While we are always down for a tasty noodle dish, not all pasta products are created equal.
Veggiecraft Farms pasta is unlike the traditional choices on the market. All Veggiecraft Farms pasta varieties are a good source of protein and fiber, Non-GMO Project Verified, vegan, kosher, and gluten-free. Additionally, the brand is keeping it simple! Each variety is made with three easy-to-identify ingredients. These include lentils and peas along with either zucchini, cauliflower, or sweet potato depending on the noodle variety. In addition to our favorite noodle shape (penne!), the brand also offers elbow, spaghetti, and linguini noodles. Say goodbye to the lackluster choices of the past. Then take your favorite dishes to another level with Veggiecraft Farms’ cauliflower, sweet potato, and zucchini pasta varieties. This brand boasts veggies in every bite. Additionally, it’s perfect for all your vegan pasta recipes!
During her studies to become a registered dietitian, Anja—a longtime vegetarian—transitioned to a vegan diet. Living in Kalamazoo, Michigan at the time (Go Broncos!), she met Maggie and Tammie through VegOut Kalamazoo (one of VegOut’s first focus cities) and began collaborating with the duo. When she’s not writing about new vegan eats, practicing as a pediatric clinical dietitian, and virtually coaching fellow plant-based eaters, you can find her creating veg-centric recipes, trying new cruelty-free products, and spending time with her partner Addison and cat Kovu.
More from VegOut
10 Vegan Chocolate Chip Brands Perfect for Baking
These dairy-free chocolate chips were made for cookies, waffles, muffins, and more.
12 Vegan Beauty Gifts to Shop This Holiday Season
Deck the halls with boughs of vegan beauty gifts!
Sustainably and Carefully Sourced Ingredients Set This Native American-Owned Vegan Bakery Apart
Place an order from Wholesome Bakery in honor of Native American Heritage Month!
8 Vegan Bakeries in Los Angeles
Stock up for the holidays at these sweet stops!
11 Best Cruelty-Free, Vegan Laundry Detergents
Elevate your laundry day with these plant-based brands.
Pomona’s First All-Vegetarian Spot Borreguitas Serves Traditional Mexican Dishes
This powerful story highlights how the Torres family turned their 15-year-old restaurant into Pomona’s first vegetarian spot!
10 Vegan Ice Cream Brands That Ship Nationwide
From sorbet bars and gelato to ice cream sandwiches and cones, these desserts hit the spot!
The Best Store-Bought Vegan Whipped Cream Brands
Elevate your plant-based desserts with these dairy-free whipped toppings.
The Best Store-Bought Vegan Stuffing
These festive, plant-based side dishes were made for inclusive holiday dinners.
13 Vegan Thanksgiving Items from Trader Joe’s
Check out these Trader Joe’s plant-based favorites for Thanksgiving 2022.
Beyond Meat Teams up with American Cancer Society to Advance Cancer Research
The multi-year agreement will aim to advance research on plant-based meat and cancer prevention.
Pinky Cole’s Book Tour Is Coming to Los Angeles Next Week
The Pinky Cole Experience Tour will be making a stop at The Regent Theatre in DTLA this Monday, November 21.