5 Vegan Dishes for Your Summer Cookout
Level up your seasonal grilling with these tasty meal ideas and flavorful sauces!
Summer is here, the backyard cookouts are in full swing, and we’ve got plant-based eats grilling up on repeat. What comes to mind when you think of summer cookouts? Veggie skewers, grilled handhelds, and picnic side dishes? If you’re like us, you’re looking for a few new recipes to enhance this year’s patio party season. Look no further! We’ve got you covered with these five vegan summer cookout dishes made with vegan-friendly marinades and grilling sauces from Elda’s Kitchen. Check them out below!
5 Vegan Summer Cookout Recipes
- Grilled Tofu Fillets with Ginger Teriyaki: Press a block of firm tofu and cut into fillets. Then marinate the filets with Elda’s Kitchen Ginger Teriyaki sauce. Fire up the grill and cook each side for a few minutes, revealing gorgeous grill marks. Serve with grilled romaine and a creamy dressing for the perfect summer salad.
- Black Cherry BBQ Burger: Grill your go-to vegan burger of choice. Then load it with dairy-free cheese, vegan bacon, caramelized onions, and a toasted bun. Add Elda’s Kitchen’s vegan-friendly Black Cherry BBQ sauce. It’s the quintessential summer cookout burger.
- Grilled Cauliflower Steaks with Theo’s Steakhouse: Braise hand-cut cauliflower steaks to soften the interior slightly. Next, grill each steak until the cauliflower develops a slight char. Top with cooked mushrooms. Then drizzle with Theo’s Steakhouse sauce and serve with grilled potatoes to round out the dish.
- Spicy Chicken Sandwich with Jala-Hot Sauce: Snag your favorite grillable vegan chicken patty or gain major extra credit points for whipping up your own! After grilling, top your chicken sandwich with pickle slices, crisp lettuce, vegan ranch, and Jala-Hot sauce.
- Jamaican Jerk Vegetable Kabobs: Skewer up your favorite chopped veggies and get grilling! Think thick zucchini coins, cherry tomatoes, mushrooms, and even pineapple chunks. Baste your kabobs with Elda’s Kitchen Jamaican Jerk Cooking & Grilling Sauce for extra flavor. For the full recipe and more recipes like this, check out the Elda’s Kitchen website.
Cooking and Grilling Sauces from Elda’s Kitchen
Amplify your vegan summer cookout fare with the cooking and grilling sauces from Elda’s Kitchen. The family-owned business was founded by Elda’s son and granddaughter, Aldo Abronzino and Brie Blackford. The co-founders share fond memories of learning to cook in Elda’s kitchen, forming some of their earliest memories and foodie experiences. In a nod to the family’s 1950s kitchen, the brand utilizes a retro logo and aesthetic for all of its products. Elda was a hard-working immigrant from Italy who loved to cook. Today, she is the brand’s namesake and her gourmet sauces are the company’s inspiration.
Elda’s Kitchen’s Vegan Sauces
These family-inspired sauces are made in the US and bring people together through sharing delicious food. Each small-batch, artisan sauce contains high-quality ingredients. All products are non-GMO, gluten-free, and contain no high-fructose corn syrup. Elda’s Kitchen’s vegan sauces include Ginger Teriyaki, Korean Sesame, Black Pepper, Theo’s Steakhouse, Garlic & Herb, Jamaican Jerk, Jala-Hot, and Black Cherry BBQ varieties. Also try the brand’s Best Selling Variety Pack. While all of Elda’s plant-based sauces taste delicious on vegan summer cookout eats, we could really put that Black Pepper sauce on just about everything!
Ready to pack your vegan summer cookouts with major sauce flavor? Find Elda’s Kitchen products at a variety of retail locations. These include Grocery Outlet, Harris Teeter, and Lazy Acres. You can also find them online and on Amazon. For more from this vegan-friendly brand, check out Elda’s Kitchen on Facebook and on Instagram.
During her studies to become a registered dietitian, Anja—a longtime vegetarian—transitioned to a vegan diet. Living in Kalamazoo, Michigan at the time (Go Broncos!), she met Maggie and Tammie through VegOut Kalamazoo (one of VegOut’s first focus cities) and began collaborating with the duo. When she’s not writing about new vegan eats, practicing as a pediatric clinical dietitian, and virtually coaching fellow plant-based eaters, you can find her creating veg-centric recipes, trying new cruelty-free products, and spending time with her partner Addison and cat Kovu.
More from VegOut
11 Essential Vegan Baking Ingredients
Keep these ingredients on hand for creating easy vegan baked goods in a snap.
Meet TCHO’s Dark & Bitter, Your New Favorite Vegan Baking Chocolate
This Dark & Bitter Unsweetened Baking Chocolate is a kitchen staple!
15 Nostalgic Vegan Snacks
We’re throwing it back to the good old days—with a vegan twist!
15 Must-Try Vegan Restaurants in Orange County
Pizza shops, sushi restaurants, burger joints—this list covers it all!
The Best Vegan Restaurants in Florida
From the Panhandle to the big city, Florida is a hot spot for plant-based eats.
10 Best Vegan Restaurants for a Date Night in LA
There are only green flags at these vegan eateries!
Vegan Baked Goods That Ship Nationwide for the Holidays
From Hanukkah bundt cakes and Christmas cookies to gingerbread house kits, this list covers it all!
Our 5 Secret Ingredients for Vegan Holiday Cooking
Add these products to your plant-based recipes this holiday season!
Prados Beauty Celebrates Indigenous Beauty and Resilience
Founder Cece Meadows puts Indigenous voices at the forefront of the beauty industry.
8 Vegan Sweaters to Keep You Warm This Winter
We’re staying warm this season with these vegan styles!
10 Vegan Chocolate Chip Brands Perfect for Baking
These dairy-free chocolate chips were made for cookies, waffles, muffins, and more.
12 Vegan Beauty Gifts to Shop This Holiday Season
Deck the halls with boughs of vegan beauty gifts!