Keep reading for our top reasons to switch to vegan protein powder.
Thinking about boosting your protein intake and looking for a protein powder to help you get there? We’ve got you! Whether you’re hoping to refuel your new workout regimen or add a protein boost to your morning routine, choosing a protein powder is no easy feat. While there are plenty of options on the market, it’s important to note that not all protein powders are created equal. If it wasn’t already obvious, we’re keeping it vegan-friendly with plant-based protein powder for the win!
Plant-Based Protein Powder
We love a protein-packed smoothie in the morning or a post-workout plant-based shake. Most plant-based protein powders are made from legumes, lupins, grains, nuts, and seeds. Not only are these protein powders packed with dietary protein for vegan gains, but many of these supplements have a lot to offer when compared to their animal-based counterparts. Check out five of our favorite reasons to switch to a plant-based protein supplement:
- Cruelty-free: While whey protein powders are derived from cow’s milk, no animals are harmed in the creation of plant-based protein supplements, making them a cruelty-free choice.
- Environmentally friendly: By choosing plant-based protein, consumers can avoid destructive animal agriculture and instead support regenerative, plant-based farming practices—a win for our bodies and the environment.
- Gentle: Some plant-based protein powders contain bioavailable, easy-to-digest ingredients along with dietary fiber, avoiding stabilizers and gums that can lead to gastrointestinal distress.
- Packed with protein: Who said plant-based protein was hard to come by? Dairy-free protein powders are formulated to provide a wide array of essential amino acids to help you make those plant-based gains!
- Simple ingredients: Many plant-based protein powders are made with simple, nourishing ingredients so you can feel good about consuming them.
Mikuna, one of our favorite vegan-friendly brands, is changing the plant-based protein powder game with their protein-packed products made from simple ingredients.
Mikuna Chocho Superfood Protein
Mikuna Chocho Superfood Protein is made from high-quality ingredients like chocho, an ancient, nutrient-dense lupin (a cousin to legumes). Chocho, pronounced “cho-cho,” contains significantly more protein than soy, hemp, pea, almond, chickpea, and quinoa-based alternatives. Made from just 1 to 5 clean ingredients and available in Cacao, Vanilla, and Pure Chocho varieties, each serving of Mikuna protein powder contains 20g of plant-based protein along with dietary fiber, vitamins, minerals, and all nine essential amino acids. Mikuna products are lectin-free, making them an easy-on-the-gut choice compared to many traditional protein powders that are whey-based. Mikuna is also vegan, non-GMO, keto and paleo-friendly, rich in vitamins and minerals, low in sodium, non-isolate, and free from artificial sweeteners. We are here for all of it!
For the simple ingredient enthusiasts, the Pure Chocho variety contains only one, single ingredient–chocho. Not only is this protein powder a nutrient-dense choice for the body, but the crop is also beneficial to the environment. The protein-rich legume is a regenerative plant, thriving on rainfall alone. Chocho crops pull nitrogen deep into the soil as they grow which improves both the health and fertility of the soil for the next plant-based crops to follow. It has been considered a crucial crop among Indigenous populations in South America, readily nourishing civilizations throughout history—it really is one of a kind!
Want in on the plant-based protein powder movement? Give this regenerative, nutrient-dense plant protein a try. Find Mikuna online and use code VEGOUT at checkout for 20% off your first purchase or recurring subscription!