5 Reasons Why Natural Energy Drinks Are Better
Searching for a natural energy boost without the jitters and crash? Look no further!
Sometimes it feels like there’s just not enough time in the day! Who can relate? While we’re huge advocates of rest, we’re also fans of tasty and natural energy boosts to keep us fueled. Whether you’re working long shifts, studying through the night, taking a road trip across the country, are a busy parent, or just need an afternoon pick-me-up, you don’t want just any energy drink to boost your day. The energy drink market is expansive. But not all beverages are good choices. If you’re looking for a better-for-you energy drink, we’ve got the deets on the natural energy drinks you need to try and why they’re better for you than their traditional counterparts.
Traditional Energy Drinks
Many traditional energy drinks contain ingredients that may not leave us feeling our best. Traditional energy drinks often contain an excessive amount of caffeine. While everyone reacts differently, too much caffeine can lead to sleep disorders, gastrointestinal distress, and feelings of anxiety. And the caffeine source matters too! Typical energy drinks do not derive caffeine from whole food sources. Traditional drinks are also quite high in sugar which can contribute to energy crashes throughout the day. Lower sugar varieties may contain sucralose, a nonnutritive sweetener that can cause digestive distress. At this point, you might be dreaming of a more natural energy drink alternative, and we’ve got just the recommendation.
OCA Natural Energy Drinks
OCA natural energy drinks are organic, non-GMO, kosher, gluten-free, and totally vegan. These low-carbonation sippers also contain cassava root extract, aka tapioca. A Latina-owned brand, OCA flavors include Brazilian-inspired options like Berry Acai, Guava Passionfruit, Mango, and Prickly Pear Lime (as a nod to its Latin American roots). These delicious energy drinks satisfy when you’re looking for a natural energy boost and are perfect before or after a workout and at a midafternoon break.
5 Reasons Why Natural Energy Drinks are Better Than Traditional Versions
- Long-lasting Energy: Sustainable energy is the name of the game here! OCA energy drinks contain cassava root extract, which provides a natural source of energy. Due to cassava’s slower digestion, energy crashes are less likely.
- Natural Caffeine: In addition to the energizing cassava root, OCA drinks contain caffeine derived from green coffee and green tea extracts. Not only do these energy sippers contain a healthier caffeine source, they take an anti-excess approach. Each can contains 120 mg of caffeine, equivalent to a cup of coffee.
- Plant-Based Ingredients: Unfortunately, not all traditional energy drinks are made with vegan ingredients. These natural energy drinks are totally animal-free and suitable for plant-based lifestyles.
- Naturally Sweetened: OCA products are sweetened with agave, natural flavors, and organic stevia. There are no high fructose corn syrup or sugar alcohols here! And because these energy drinks don’t contain an excessive amount of sugar, each can clocks in at only 60 calories.
- No Additives: The OCA crew is very selective with their ingredient choices. You won’t find any added colors or preservatives here. These natural energy drinks are 100% organic, non-GMO, gluten-free, and allergen-free.
These plant-based energy drinks can be ordered directly from DrinkOCA.com and are available on Amazon. Shoppers can also find OCA products at Kroger stores across the nation, Albertsons in Texas, and natural grocery chains such as Erewhon, Lazy Acres, and Lassens. For more from OCA, follow them on Instagram at @DrinkOca.
During her studies to become a registered dietitian, Anja—a longtime vegetarian—transitioned to a vegan diet. Living in Kalamazoo, Michigan at the time (Go Broncos!), she met Maggie and Tammie through VegOut Kalamazoo (one of VegOut’s first focus cities) and began collaborating with the duo. When she’s not writing about new vegan eats, practicing as a pediatric clinical dietitian, and virtually coaching fellow plant-based eaters, you can find her creating veg-centric recipes, trying new cruelty-free products, and spending time with her partner Addison and cat Kovu.
More from VegOut
Sustainably and Carefully Sourced Ingredients Set This Native American-Owned Vegan Bakery Apart
Place an order from Wholesome Bakery in honor of Native American Heritage Month!
8 Vegan Bakeries in Los Angeles
Stock up for the holidays at these sweet stops!
11 Best Cruelty-Free, Vegan Laundry Detergents
Elevate your laundry day with these plant-based brands.
Pomona’s First All-Vegetarian Spot Borreguitas Serves Traditional Mexican Dishes
This powerful story highlights how the Torres family turned their 15-year-old restaurant into Pomona’s first vegetarian spot!
10 Vegan Ice Cream Brands That Ship Nationwide
From sorbet bars and gelato to ice cream sandwiches and cones, these desserts hit the spot!
The Best Store-Bought Vegan Whipped Cream Brands
Elevate your plant-based desserts with these dairy-free whipped toppings.
The Best Store-Bought Vegan Stuffing
These festive, plant-based side dishes were made for inclusive holiday dinners.
13 Vegan Thanksgiving Items from Trader Joe’s
Check out these Trader Joe’s plant-based favorites for Thanksgiving 2022.
Beyond Meat Teams up with American Cancer Society to Advance Cancer Research
The multi-year agreement will aim to advance research on plant-based meat and cancer prevention.
Pinky Cole’s Book Tour Is Coming to Los Angeles Next Week
The Pinky Cole Experience Tour will be making a stop at The Regent Theatre in DTLA this Monday, November 21.
Store-Bought Vegan Pies for Thanksgiving 2022
Check out these plant-based pies for your upcoming holiday meal!
Sweetgreen Debuts New Plant-Based Protein Option
The vegan protein option is available at the Culver City Sweetgreen while supplies last.