Searching for a natural energy boost without the jitters and crash? Look no further!
Sometimes it feels like there’s just not enough time in the day! Who can relate? While we’re huge advocates of rest, we’re also fans of tasty and natural energy boosts to keep us fueled. Whether you’re working long shifts, studying through the night, taking a road trip across the country, are a busy parent, or just need an afternoon pick-me-up, you don’t want just any energy drink to boost your day. The energy drink market is expansive. But not all beverages are good choices. If you’re looking for a better-for-you energy drink, we’ve got the deets on the natural energy drinks you need to try and why they’re better for you than their traditional counterparts.
Traditional Energy Drinks
Many traditional energy drinks contain ingredients that may not leave us feeling our best. Traditional energy drinks often contain an excessive amount of caffeine. While everyone reacts differently, too much caffeine can lead to sleep disorders, gastrointestinal distress, and feelings of anxiety. And the caffeine source matters too! Typical energy drinks do not derive caffeine from whole food sources. Traditional drinks are also quite high in sugar which can contribute to energy crashes throughout the day. Lower sugar varieties may contain sucralose, a nonnutritive sweetener that can cause digestive distress. At this point, you might be dreaming of a more natural energy drink alternative, and we’ve got just the recommendation.
OCA Natural Energy Drinks
OCA natural energy drinks are organic, non-GMO, kosher, gluten-free, and totally vegan. These low-carbonation sippers also contain cassava root extract, aka tapioca. A Latina-owned brand, OCA flavors include Brazilian-inspired options like Berry Acai, Guava Passionfruit, Mango, and Prickly Pear Lime (as a nod to its Latin American roots). These delicious energy drinks satisfy when you’re looking for a natural energy boost and are perfect before or after a workout and at a midafternoon break.
5 Reasons Why Natural Energy Drinks are Better Than Traditional Versions
- Long-lasting Energy: Sustainable energy is the name of the game here! OCA energy drinks contain cassava root extract, which provides a natural source of energy. Due to cassava’s slower digestion, energy crashes are less likely.
- Natural Caffeine: In addition to the energizing cassava root, OCA drinks contain caffeine derived from green coffee and green tea extracts. Not only do these energy sippers contain a healthier caffeine source, they take an anti-excess approach. Each can contains 120 mg of caffeine, equivalent to a cup of coffee.
- Plant-Based Ingredients: Unfortunately, not all traditional energy drinks are made with vegan ingredients. These natural energy drinks are totally animal-free and suitable for plant-based lifestyles.
- Naturally Sweetened: OCA products are sweetened with agave, natural flavors, and organic stevia. There are no high fructose corn syrup or sugar alcohols here! And because these energy drinks don’t contain an excessive amount of sugar, each can clocks in at only 60 calories.
- No Additives: The OCA crew is very selective with their ingredient choices. You won’t find any added colors or preservatives here. These natural energy drinks are 100% organic, non-GMO, gluten-free, and allergen-free.
These plant-based energy drinks can be ordered directly from DrinkOCA.com and are available on Amazon. Shoppers can also find OCA products at Kroger stores across the nation, Albertsons in Texas, and natural grocery chains such as Erewhon, Lazy Acres, and Lassens. For more from OCA, follow them on Instagram at @DrinkOca.