5 Easy Vegan Breakfasts to Make While Traveling
Fuel your travels with these simple plant-based morning meals from Kiki Milk!
Feeling wanderlust? Don’t let your morning breakfast get in the way of your travel fun. There’s no need to whip up an elaborate meal or pay a premium for a lackluster diner breakfast while traveling. Whether you’re sleeping in a hotel, camping in the wild, or splitting a rental with your besties, there are plenty of simple brekkie options to start off your day. Check out these five easy vegan breakfasts to make while traveling.
5 Simple Travel Breakfasts
We aren’t just making simple travel breakfasts, we’re fueling trips filled with fun experiences! Think hiking, sightseeing, shopping, swimming, and enjoying local excursions. Your travel itinerary calls for a morning meal that’s going to keep you going all day long!
- Cereal and milk: Hack this simple brekkie staple by snagging a vegan-friendly cereal from the hotel breakfast buffet and pairing it with your favorite plant-based milk. For extra sticking power, choose a cereal with fiber or mix in nuts, seeds, or fruit for an extra boost.
- Oatmeal: Opt for overnight oatmeal or make it on the spot. While the hotel may have individual packets at the buffet, if you’re camping or renting, it’s easy to bring a few servings of quick oats with you. Make this dish with plant-based milk, mix with peanut butter, and top with sliced banana for a balanced brekkie.
- Chia pudding: You’ll need a fridge or reliable cooler for this one, but chia pudding is a simple and delicious morning starter! Simply mix chia seeds with your favorite dairy-free milk and let it sit in a chilled environment for a few hours. If you’re able, this brekkie fave tastes great when topped with fresh berries and a drizzle of sweetener.
- Mug pancake: This one takes a little planning and creativity, but if you have access to a microwave, we’ve got individual plant-based pancake mugs coming right up! Add vegan pancake or waffle mix and plant-based milk to a coffee mug or bowl. Microwave the mixture for a few minutes until you’ve achieved a cakey texture. Top with a sweetener of choice and enjoy!
- Fruit smoothie: If you have access to a blender, a fruit smoothie is a no-brainer. And you can even take this one on the go. Pair fresh or frozen fruit with dairy-free milk for a simple breakfast sipper, but feel free to add in nuts, seeds, protein powder, or greens for an extra boost. When it comes to these easy vegan breakfasts, choosing a plant-based milk is key. For travel ease, shelf stability matters. From a fuel perspective, the ingredients are important. And of course, we want something that tastes great. Right now, we’re seriously loving Kiki Milk for our easy vegan breakfasts both at home and on the go. While this milk was made with kids in mind, we’re loving it too. And we can’t get enough! It’s your turn to get in on the Kiki Milk action.
Your New Go-to Dairy-Free Milk
Made exclusively with organic ingredients like oats, hemp seeds, sprouted pumpkin seeds, and coconuts, Kiki Milk is about to be your new go-to dairy-free milk for travel breakfasts and beyond. This non-dairy beverage also contains a proprietary blend consisting of Aquamin, bananas, blueberries, and spinach. Kiki Milk is free of both stabilizing gums and filler oils, and these non-GMO milks undergo rigorous third-party testing to ensure they are free of both glyphosates and heavy metals. Available in both chocolate and original varieties, KiKi Milk can be found in single-serving 8oz cartons. Each carton contains 140 calories, 5g of protein, 2-3g of dietary fiber, and a good deal of both omega-3 fatty acids and plant-based calcium.
Kiki Milk, from the parent company PlantBaby, is a carbon-neutral product made with climate-friendly packaging and ingredients. The shelf-stable packs of plant-based milk are key for both travel and reduced food waste. The unopened Kiki Milk cartons can keep for at least 12 months without refrigeration or preservatives, making them perfect for long flights and road trips.
Planning some upcoming exploration? It’s time to stock up on Kiki Milk to power through your travel breakfasts. Kiki Milk is available for auto-ship or one-time purchases on KikiMilk.com. Use promo code VEGOUTKIKI for 15% off any non-subscription orders. These products can also be found on Amazon and Thrive Market. For more from the Kiki Milk brand, follow them on Instagram at @kikimilkco.
Want more recipe inspo? Kiki Milk just released its first-ever recipe e-book. Click here to download it now.
During her studies to become a registered dietitian, Anja—a longtime vegetarian—transitioned to a vegan diet. Living in Kalamazoo, Michigan at the time (Go Broncos!), she met Maggie and Tammie through VegOut Kalamazoo (one of VegOut’s first focus cities) and began collaborating with the duo. When she’s not writing about new vegan eats, practicing as a pediatric clinical dietitian, and virtually coaching fellow plant-based eaters, you can find her creating veg-centric recipes, trying new cruelty-free products, and spending time with her partner Addison and cat Kovu.
More from VegOut
10 Best Vegan Restaurants for a Date Night in LA
There are only green flags at these vegan eateries!
Vegan Baked Goods That Ship Nationwide for the Holidays
From Hanukkah bundt cakes and Christmas cookies to gingerbread house kits, this list covers it all!
Our 5 Secret Ingredients for Vegan Holiday Cooking
Add these products to your plant-based recipes this holiday season!
Prados Beauty Celebrates Indigenous Beauty and Resilience
Founder Cece Meadows puts Indigenous voices at the forefront of the beauty industry.
8 Vegan Sweaters to Keep You Warm This Winter
We’re staying warm this season with these vegan styles!
10 Vegan Chocolate Chip Brands Perfect for Baking
These dairy-free chocolate chips were made for cookies, waffles, muffins, and more.
12 Vegan Beauty Gifts to Shop This Holiday Season
Deck the halls with boughs of vegan beauty gifts!
Sustainably and Carefully Sourced Ingredients Set This Native American-Owned Vegan Bakery Apart
Place an order from Wholesome Bakery in honor of Native American Heritage Month!
8 Vegan Bakeries in Los Angeles
Stock up for the holidays at these sweet stops!
11 Best Cruelty-Free, Vegan Laundry Detergents
Elevate your laundry day with these plant-based brands.
Pomona’s First All-Vegetarian Spot Borreguitas Serves Traditional Mexican Dishes
This powerful story highlights how the Torres family turned their 15-year-old restaurant into Pomona’s first vegetarian spot!
10 Vegan Ice Cream Brands That Ship Nationwide
From sorbet bars and gelato to ice cream sandwiches and cones, these desserts hit the spot!