Vegan Fluffy Stuffing Bites Recipe
These stuffing bites are the perfect holiday party appetizer!
Servings: Makes approximately 16 stuffing bites
- 2 leeks, white parts only, halved lengthwise and washed well
- 2 Tbsp breadcrumbs
- ¾ cup applesauce
- 3 Tbsp The Vurger Co. Original Mayo
- 2 Tbsp chickpea flour
- 1 Tbsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp dried sage
- 1 Tbsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- The Vurger Co. Garlic & Herb Mayo, for serving
- Fresh parsley, for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 400°.
2. Finely slice leeks. Place a pan on medium heat with a tablespoon of oil. Once hot, add leeks to the pan and cook until softened, stirring often.
3. In a mixing bowl, add the applesauce and Original Mayo, and whisk for one minute until well combined. Once leeks are cooked add them to the sauce in the mixing bowl.
4. Add breadcrumbs, chickpea flour, garlic powder, dried sage, dried parsley, salt, and pepper into the bowl, and stir for one minute until smooth.
5. Chill the mixture for about 30 minutes.
6. Remove from the fridge. The mixture should now be firm. Scoop by tablespoonful and roll into a ball, using your hands. Repeat until all mixture is used.
7. Place onto a lined baking tray, and bake for 30 minutes, or until golden brown.
8. Serve with Garlic & Herb Mayo, as desired, and garnish with fresh parsley.
This recipe is brought to you by The Vurger Co., a vegan fast-food restaurant based in the UK that recently launched their line of sauces for nationwide US shipping.
More from VegOut
Freebirds World Burrito Adds Vegan Chorizo to Menu
Abbot’s Butcher’s plant-based chorizo and Siete Family Foods’ grain-free tortillas are now available at all Freebirds locations.
Starbucks Launches Ready-to-Drink Oat Milk Frappuccinos
The bottled Frappuccinos are available in two new flavors and will be rolling out at retailers over the course of 2022.
The Best Body Lotions for Dry Winter Skin
Harsh winter weather calls for luxurious lotions!
An Interview with AFI’s Davey Havok
Lead singer of punk rock band AFI, Davey Havok is no stranger to veganism—having been vegan for over two decades. As part of the straight edge community in the 90s, he was heavily influenced by its members who also abstained from the use of animal products. In 2021, AFI released their new album, Bodies. We chatted with Havok to learn more about his music career and vegan lifestyle.
Store-Bought Vegan Super Bowl Party Snacks
These plant-based snacks are perfect for your game-day celebration!
Panda Express Is Testing Two Beyond Beef Dishes in Pasadena Starting Today
Panda Express is veganizing more American Chinese classics!
PLNT Burger’s 10th Location Opens in New York City
This all-vegan burger spot has expanded to NYC’s Union Square.
LA’s Pizzanista Launches Joan Jett Heart-Shaped Vegan Pizza
LA’s Pizzanista has collaborated with Miyoko’s Creamery and PETA to honor rock legend and animal rights activist Joan Jett with a limited-edition heart-shaped pizza in a Joan Jett-decorated box.
Pret a Manger Launches Vegan Meatball Wrap in US
The vegan meatball wrap is the first meat alternative option offered by the brand in the US.
LA’s Taco Vega Is Permanently Closing
The popular LA-based vegan restaurant will be closing its doors on Wednesday, January 26 after one year of service.
Add This Must-Try Vegan Protein Powder to Your Post-Workout Shake
We’re starting off 2022 on a fit note with this plant-based protein powder!
McDonald’s Expands McPlant Test to 600 US Locations
The vegan burger will be available in the San Francisco Bay and Dallas-Fort Worth areas beginning February 14 for a limited time.
Subscribe NowOrder the magazine!