Vegan Fluffy Stuffing Bites Recipe
These stuffing bites are the perfect holiday party appetizer!
Servings: Makes approximately 16 stuffing bites
- 2 leeks, white parts only, halved lengthwise and washed well
- 2 Tbsp breadcrumbs
- ¾ cup applesauce
- 3 Tbsp The Vurger Co. Original Mayo
- 2 Tbsp chickpea flour
- 1 Tbsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp dried sage
- 1 Tbsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- The Vurger Co. Garlic & Herb Mayo, for serving
- Fresh parsley, for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 400°.
2. Finely slice leeks. Place a pan on medium heat with a tablespoon of oil. Once hot, add leeks to the pan and cook until softened, stirring often.
3. In a mixing bowl, add the applesauce and Original Mayo, and whisk for one minute until well combined. Once leeks are cooked add them to the sauce in the mixing bowl.
4. Add breadcrumbs, chickpea flour, garlic powder, dried sage, dried parsley, salt, and pepper into the bowl, and stir for one minute until smooth.
5. Chill the mixture for about 30 minutes.
6. Remove from the fridge. The mixture should now be firm. Scoop by tablespoonful and roll into a ball, using your hands. Repeat until all mixture is used.
7. Place onto a lined baking tray, and bake for 30 minutes, or until golden brown.
8. Serve with Garlic & Herb Mayo, as desired, and garnish with fresh parsley.
This recipe is brought to you by The Vurger Co., a vegan fast-food restaurant based in the UK that recently launched their line of sauces for nationwide US shipping.
More from VegOut
8 Easy Food Swaps to Make for Plastic-Free July
Grab those reusable bags, we’re going on a plastic-free food hunt!
This Pittsburgh Restaurant and Jazz Bar Is Now 100% Vegan
Con Alma is every vegan music-lover's dream!
11 LGBTQ-Owned Vegan Restaurants to Support in LA
From coffee shops and sit-down restaurants to a nightclub and dinner party pop-up, there are so many great Queer-owned businesses to check out!
5 Ways to Boost Your Mental Well-Being
Here are some tips to live your best, most balanced life!
Cracker Barrel Adds Vegan Sausage to Menu
Cracker Barrel adds its first plant-based meat option to the menu!
New Vegan Butcher Shop to Open in Long Beach This Year
The Plant Butchers and Sugar Taco’s third location is coming to Long Beach!
Smashburger Launches Plant-Based Milkshakes
Smashburger now offers six fully plant-based milkshakes at all locations!
The Best Store-Bought Overnight Oats
Looking for a quick and easy breakfast? These vegan overnight oats are the perfect option!
Vegan Rainbow Treats That Ship Nationwide for Pride Month
Check out these delicious rainbow sweet treats and drinks that are celebrating Pride all month long!
LGBTQ-Owned Vegan Beauty Brands to Support Now and Always
Liven up your beauty routine with these LGBTQ-owned vegan beauty brands!
Peet’s Coffee Launches Vegan Boba Tea
Sip your way through the summer with these vibrant boba-inspired beverages!
Slutty Vegan Debuts New Sneaker and Bag Collab with Steve Madden
Step up your summer fashion with this PETA-certified vegan apparel!
Subscribe NowOrder the magazine!