These stuffing bites are the perfect holiday party appetizer!
Servings: Makes approximately 16 stuffing bites
- 2 leeks, white parts only, halved lengthwise and washed well
- 2 Tbsp breadcrumbs
- ¾ cup applesauce
- 3 Tbsp The Vurger Co. Original Mayo
- 2 Tbsp chickpea flour
- 1 Tbsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp dried sage
- 1 Tbsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- The Vurger Co. Garlic & Herb Mayo, for serving
- Fresh parsley, for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 400°.
2. Finely slice leeks. Place a pan on medium heat with a tablespoon of oil. Once hot, add leeks to the pan and cook until softened, stirring often.
3. In a mixing bowl, add the applesauce and Original Mayo, and whisk for one minute until well combined. Once leeks are cooked add them to the sauce in the mixing bowl.
4. Add breadcrumbs, chickpea flour, garlic powder, dried sage, dried parsley, salt, and pepper into the bowl, and stir for one minute until smooth.
5. Chill the mixture for about 30 minutes.
6. Remove from the fridge. The mixture should now be firm. Scoop by tablespoonful and roll into a ball, using your hands. Repeat until all mixture is used.
7. Place onto a lined baking tray, and bake for 30 minutes, or until golden brown.
8. Serve with Garlic & Herb Mayo, as desired, and garnish with fresh parsley.
This recipe is brought to you by The Vurger Co., a vegan fast-food restaurant based in the UK that recently launched their line of sauces for nationwide US shipping.