Classic broccoli cheddar soup made dairy-free; creamy, cheesy, and ultra-comforting.
Time: 35 minutes
- 2 1/2 cups almond milk, unflavored and unsweetened
- 2 Tbsp vegan butter
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 3 cups chopped broccoli
- 1 package Simply Organic Dairy-Free Cheddar Sauce Mix
- 1/2 cup water
- In a large pot, add almond milk, broth, vegan butter, and broccoli. Bring to a boil and cook for 15 to 20 minutes, until broccoli is tender.
- In a separate bowl, whisk cheddar sauce packet into water, stir until dissolved.
- Add sauce packet and water mixture to pot and simmer 5 minutes.
- Let cool 5 minutes, then serve.
Recipe Tip: Sauté diced onion and carrots in pot with butter before adding liquid and broccoli. For deeper flavor, roast broccoli 15 to 20 minutes at 425°F before adding to pot in Step 1. Reduce boil time and cook just until tender.
This recipe is brought to you by Simply Organic. Simply Organic’s Dairy-Free Cheese Sauce Mixes include Cheddar, White Cheddar, and Jalapeño Queso Blanco. Find them at Sprouts and Meijer locations this fall and online at SimplyOrganic.com.