Salt & Straw’s Vegandulgence Menu Launches Tomorrow and All of the Flavors Are Inspired by Cupcakes
It’s every vegan’s favorite month of the year!
The artisan ice cream shop Salt & Straw always keeps two or three vegan flavors in rotation year-round. But in honor of Veganuary, the scoop shop rolls out a Vegandulgence series every January that features five limited-edition vegan ice cream flavors. If you’ve checked your calendar, you know it’s that time of year again! Salt & Straw’s Vegandulgence menu launches tomorrow and all of the flavors are inspired by cupcakes. How epic is that?
Cupcakes by Vegandulgence at Salt & Straw
This year’s series, titled Cupcakes by Vegandulgence, showcases five cupcake flavors in vegan ice cream form. Here they are!
- Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting: Pieces of moist vegan spice cake with walnuts, finely shredded carrots, and cream cheese frosting are mixed into a bright orange carrot juice ice cream to make this classic flavor.
- Petunia’s Rainbow Sprinkled Babycakes: This flavor was inspired by the “babycakes” or mini birthday cupcakes from the all-vegan Petunia’s Bakery in Portland (where Salt & Straw was founded). It features a classic vanilla oat-based ice cream, Petunia’s Bakery’s babycakes, colorful vegan sprinkles, and strawberry jam.
- Coconut Cream Pie Cupcake with Lemon Curd: Composed of coconut ice cream, lemon curd, and vegan toasted coconut cupcakes, this drool-worthy frozen treat is not to be missed.
- Chocolate Hazelnut Cupcake: Did you know Oregon produces about 99% of the nation’s hazelnuts? To pay homage to their home state, Salt & Straw created this flavor with hazelnuts from the local family-owned farm, Freddy Guys. The hazelnuts are roasted and stuffed in a decadent chocolate ice cream with pieces of vegan vanilla cupcakes and chocolate ganache frosting.
- Renewal Mill’s Chocolate Salted Caramel Cupcake: Renewal Mill is a vegan food brand that upcycles superfood flours and baking mixes to help fight food waste. The Salt & Straw team takes Renewal Mill’s Dark Chocolate Brownie Mix and turns it into fudgy vegan cupcakes that they top in a salted caramel frosting and mix into a fleur de sel-spiked oat ice cream base.
Vegan Flavors at Salt & Straw
Salt & Straw co-founder Tyler Malek said the flavors in this new series “are not delicious for being vegan, but because they are vegan,” with the plant-based ingredients offering a new canvas to lean into. These five vegan flavors at Salt & Straw will be available online and at all scoop shops for the month of January. Be sure to stop by before the month is over and stock up on a few pints to enjoy throughout the rest of the year!
For more information visit saltandstraw.com.
When Allie responded to an Instagram post on @vegoutlosangeles a few years ago, she had no idea she’d join the coolest vegan team on the planet. An Austin native, actress, yogi, and part-time sword fighter (don’t ask!), Allie is on a mission to live her best life and inspire others to do the same. She graduated from Hussian College In Studio with a B.F.A. in Contemporary Musical Theatre + Film and currently acts, writes, and eats her way through Los Angeles.
More from VegOut
15 Must-Try Vegan Restaurants in Orange County
Pizza shops, sushi restaurants, burger joints—this list covers it all!
The Best Vegan Restaurants in Florida
From the Panhandle to the big city, Florida is a hot spot for plant-based eats.
10 Best Vegan Restaurants for a Date Night in LA
There are only green flags at these vegan eateries!
Vegan Baked Goods That Ship Nationwide for the Holidays
From Hanukkah bundt cakes and Christmas cookies to gingerbread house kits, this list covers it all!
Our 5 Secret Ingredients for Vegan Holiday Cooking
Add these products to your plant-based recipes this holiday season!
Prados Beauty Celebrates Indigenous Beauty and Resilience
Founder Cece Meadows puts Indigenous voices at the forefront of the beauty industry.
8 Vegan Sweaters to Keep You Warm This Winter
We’re staying warm this season with these vegan styles!
10 Vegan Chocolate Chip Brands Perfect for Baking
These dairy-free chocolate chips were made for cookies, waffles, muffins, and more.
12 Vegan Beauty Gifts to Shop This Holiday Season
Deck the halls with boughs of vegan beauty gifts!
Sustainably and Carefully Sourced Ingredients Set This Native American-Owned Vegan Bakery Apart
Place an order from Wholesome Bakery in honor of Native American Heritage Month!
8 Vegan Bakeries in Los Angeles
Stock up for the holidays at these sweet stops!
11 Best Cruelty-Free, Vegan Laundry Detergents
Elevate your laundry day with these plant-based brands.