How to Order Vegan at Starbucks
Starbucks Coffee Company offers a unique variety of veganizable cafe snacks and barista beverages.
Whether you’re grabbing a brew on your morning commute or snagging a drink on the way to your boarding gate, this international coffeehouse is always there for a pick-me-up. No matter what you’re craving, Starbucks Coffee Company has what you’re looking for.
Ordering Vegan at Starbucks: The Basics
While many Starbucks drinks are made with milk, the coffee company offers almond, coconut, oat, and soy milk dairy alternatives. Many of the clear flavored syrups are vegan, including caramel, hazelnut, and vanilla for a touch of sweetness. Aside from the mocha sauce, most coffee sauces are not vegan and should be omitted—nix the caramel, caramel brûlée, pumpkin spice, and white mocha sauces. Additionally, when ordering vegan, be sure to forego cinnamon dolce topping, frappuccino chips, honey syrup, java chips, and whipped cream. With these ordering tips, you’re ready to choose from cafe classics, secret menu items, and seasonal features. Here are some of the vegan creations available at the cafe right now.
Hot Vegan Drinks at Starbucks
When it comes to hot cups of joe and steaming barista creations, Starbucks offers many options beyond the naturally vegan brewed coffee. For those who love hot coffee all year round, this is for you!
Non-Dairy Milk Coffee Creations
- Cappuccinos and lattes ordered with non-dairy milk and flavored syrups
- Cinnamon Dolce Latte ordered with non-dairy milk and no cinnamon dolce topping
- Blonde Vanilla Latte ordered with non-dairy milk
- Honey Almond Milk Flat White ordered without honey syrup
- Caramel Macchiato ordered without caramel sauce
- Caffe Mocha ordered with non-dairy milk and no whipped cream
Hot Tea Lattes and Coffee-Free Drinks
- Matcha tea latte ordered with non-dairy milk
- Other tea lattes when ordered with non-dairy milk and no honey syrup
- Hot chocolate ordered with non-dairy milk and no whipped cream. Avoid the white hot chocolate.
- Caramel Apple Spice ordered without whipped cream or caramel sauce
- Steamers ordered with non-dairy milk and no whipped cream
Cold Vegan Drinks at Starbucks
No matter the weather, cold drinks are a vibe. From iced coffees, cold brew creations, and even frozen frappuccinos, Starbucks has it all. Veganize your refreshing drinks by subbing non-dairy milk, omitting whipped cream, and watching your syrup choices.
Iced and Frozen Coffee Mixtures
- Frappuccinos ordered with non-dairy milk and no whipped cream. Watch sauces, syrups, and additives from above.
- Strawberry Funnel Cake Frappuccino ordered with non-dairy milk and no whipped cream
- Cold brew ordered with non-dairy milk
- Honey Almond Milk Cold Brew ordered without honey syrup
- Salted Caramel Cream Cold Brew ordered without cream and substituting non-dairy milk. Try coconut milk for extra creaminess.
- Nitro Cold Brew ordered without vanilla sweet cream
- Iced shaken espresso ordered with non-dairy milk
- Iced lattes, macchiatos, and mochas ordered with non-dairy milk
- New Iced Chocolate Almond Milk Shaken Espresso without modifications
Iced Teas and Fruity Refreshers
- Iced teas and lemonades
- Iced guava black tea is vegan as-is. Order with or without lemonade.
- Iced Chai Tea Latte when ordered with non-dairy milk. Watch for honey.
- Starbucks Refreshers are generally vegan as-is.
- Pink, Violet, Star, Dragon, and Guava Passion Fruit Drinks are vegan as-is.
Vegan Baked Goods and Snacks at Starbucks
Whether you’re looking for a quick on-the-go breakfast or a study session snack in the cafe, Starbucks offers several vegan-possible options along with a variety of prepackaged plant-based snacks like nuts, Hippeas, and That’s It bars. The following are some vegan baked goods and snacks to look for:
- Impossible Breakfast Sandwich ordered on a bagel without cheese or egg
- Bagels ordered in plain, cinnamon raisin, and everything varieties
- Avocado Spread is totally vegan and tastes great on bagels and Impossible sandwiches.
- Chickpea Bites and Avocado Protein Box ordered as-is
- Classic Oatmeal and Hearty Blueberry Oatmeal are vegan as-is. Add in a splash of plant-based milk if you choose.
Note: As Starbucks rotates new menu options into their cafes, be sure to always check out the ingredients before ordering.
More from VegOut
Mud Pie Stand Vegan Bakery Opens in Sacramento
It can be difficult to find delicious vegan pastries in your neighborhood, but Sacramentans look no further—Mud Pie Stand Vegan Bakery is the place to be, not only offering a diverse menu of sweet treats, but a myriad of savory specials as well.
Chris Paul and Slutty Vegan Serve Free Food to Atlanta Community on Juneteenth
Slutty Vegan and NBA star Chris Paul of the Phoenix Suns are teaming up to serve free food to the Atlanta community in celebration of Juneteenth.
20 LGBTQ-Owned Vegan Businesses to Support
From restaurants, food trucks, and pop-ups to clothing and beauty brands, this list covers it all!
Black-Owned Vegan and Vegan-Friendly Restaurants to Support in Chicago
From stacked burgers to soul food platters and raw dishes, these Black-owned vegan spots have something for everyone.
Black-Owned Music-Themed Vegan Coffee Shop Opens in Houston This Weekend
A new concept that blends coffee, vegan food, and music will make its debut in Houston, Texas on Juneteenth.
Black-Owned Vegan Restaurants to Support in Los Angeles
Whether you’re craving vegan burgers, buffalo cauliflower, or apple cobbler, stop by one of these Black-owned vegan restaurants to get your fix!
10 Best Vegan Brunch Spots Nationwide
Get those mimosas flowin’ at these vegan brunch spots nationwide!
Black-Owned Vegan Restaurants to Support in NYC
In the mood for some cheesy garlic sticks, or perhaps a fresh-pressed juice? Check out these Black-owned vegan spots for all of your vegan cheese cravings, smoothies, and more!
Atlantic City Vegan Food Festival Returns This July
It’s going to be a hot vegan summer as New Jersey VegFest is making a comeback in Atlantic City!
Trader Joe’s Launches Spicy Vegan Pork Rinds
Bored of your current snack routine? Add Trader Joe’s Spicy Porkless Plant-Based Snack Rinds to your grazing rotation!
Vans Just Launched Its First Sustainable Vegan Sneaker Line
From old-school skaters to Gen Z teens, and everyone in between, we’ve all owned a pair of Vans at some point!
Jay-Z Invests in Plant-Based Chicken Nugget Company NUGGS
The future of vegan chicken nuggets is looking bright as Jay-Z is now backing this plant-based startup!
Subscribe NowOrder the magazine!