Easy Vegan Roasted Cauliflower Soup Recipe
I love this soup because it’s creamy, savory and so easy to make. It’s hearty, healthy, and comforting. The creaminess of the white beans and the umami flavors from the miso paste and liquid smoke is really what makes this soup extra special!
Servings: 4 bowls Time: Prep: 10 minutes, Cook: ~40 minutes
- 1 cauliflower head, chopped
- 4 large garlic cloves
- 1 onion, chopped
- ~2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups veggie broth
- 1 can cannellini beans, drained
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 3/4 tsp liquid smoke
- 1 tsp red miso paste
- 2 tsp fresh parsley for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 425°.
- Place the cauliflower and garlic cloves on a baking sheet and coat them with a generous amount of olive oil and some salt. Roast in the oven for 20 to 25 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Heat onion and olive oil in a soup pot. When onion is fragrant, add all the other ingredients, including the roasted cauliflower and garlic cloves, but reserve a few cauliflower pieces for garnish.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove the soup from heat and transfer soup to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Transfer the soup back to the soup pot and add salt and pepper to taste as needed.
- Garnish with parsley, a few roasted cauliflower pieces, some olive oil, and serve.
Jackie is a Brooklyn-based vegan food blogger. Aside from that, she loves to travel, hike, and paint. Her goal is to inspire others by showing that plant-based cooking is easy, affordable, and fun! Check out her website, myvegandelicacies.com, for more plant-based recipes.
More from VegOut
Vegan BBQ Pop-Up Coming to Brooklyn, NYC This November
Get a taste of Southern BBQ in Brooklyn, NYC at this new vegan pop-up!
Dough Joy Donuts to Open Brick-and-Mortar in Seattle
The popular Seattle-based vegan food truck has plans to open its first brick-and-mortar location before the end of the year.
Fast-Casual Greek Chain Souvla Adds Plant-Based Lamb to Menu
The San Francisco restaurant launched the vegan lamb at all four of its locations on October 20.
Plant Power Fast Food’s Las Vegas Location Is Now Open
The chain makes vegan versions of fast-food classics from breakfast to dessert!
Pressed Is Launching La Colombe Vegan Cold Brew Smoothies
Give your morning a boost with these convenient, nutrient-dense beverages!
Chicago’s Kale My Name Opening Los Angeles Location with Tabitha Brown
This marks Tabitha Brown’s first vegan restaurant business venture.
Memphis Gets Its First Full-Service Black-Owned Vegan Restaurant
Headed up by celebrity chef Daudi “Da Vegan Guru” McLean, the vegan soul food joint will be Memphis’ first full-service Black-owned vegan restaurant.
The Best Vegan Shrimp Brands
These plant-based shrimps have the taste and texture of traditional seafood!
Cape Coral, Florida’s First Gluten-Free Vegan Restaurant Opens
BJ’s Bites is ready to delight gluten-free, vegan diners.
Jack in the Box Is Testing Plant-Based Burgers in Phoenix
The trial will last until December 12.
How to Order Vegan at WaBa Grill
Eating plant-based at this healthy rice bowl chain is surprisingly easy!
Where to Get Vegan Cauliflower Wings in Chicago
We’ve got the hookup on where to find the best plant-based cauli bites in Chi-Town.
Subscribe NowOrder the magazine!