Easy Vegan Roasted Cauliflower Soup Recipe
I love this soup because it’s creamy, savory and so easy to make. It’s hearty, healthy, and comforting. The creaminess of the white beans and the umami flavors from the miso paste and liquid smoke is really what makes this soup extra special!
Servings: 4 bowls Time: Prep: 10 minutes, Cook: ~40 minutes
- 1 cauliflower head, chopped
- 4 large garlic cloves
- 1 onion, chopped
- ~2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups veggie broth
- 1 can cannellini beans, drained
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 3/4 tsp liquid smoke
- 1 tsp red miso paste
- 2 tsp fresh parsley for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 425°.
- Place the cauliflower and garlic cloves on a baking sheet and coat them with a generous amount of olive oil and some salt. Roast in the oven for 20 to 25 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Heat onion and olive oil in a soup pot. When onion is fragrant, add all the other ingredients, including the roasted cauliflower and garlic cloves, but reserve a few cauliflower pieces for garnish.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove the soup from heat and transfer soup to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Transfer the soup back to the soup pot and add salt and pepper to taste as needed.
- Garnish with parsley, a few roasted cauliflower pieces, some olive oil, and serve.
Jackie is a Brooklyn-based vegan food blogger. Aside from that, she loves to travel, hike, and paint. Her goal is to inspire others by showing that plant-based cooking is easy, affordable, and fun! Check out her website, myvegandelicacies.com, for more plant-based recipes.
More from VegOut
Best Vegan-Friendly Fast-Food Chains Across the US
Fast-food restaurants broaden their customer bases by introducing meatless menus, some for the first time in their company's history.
Vegan Mexican Restaurant and Wine Bar Opens in NYC’s Chelsea Market
This month, New York’s historic market welcomes Pia, a restaurant featuring plant-based Mexican fare with natural wine pairings.
14 Vegan Haircare Brands We’re Obsessed With
Revamp your hair routine with these cruelty-free products.
Vegan Jewish Delis and Bakeries Across the US
From Los Angeles to New York, these vegan Jewish businesses make nostalgic plant-based sandwiches, sides, and pastries.
Vegan Night Market Comes to San Diego
Burgers, nacho boats, and hard kombucha hope to attract steady crowds at this environmentally friendly vegan night market.
Ben & Esther’s Vegan Deli to Open Oceanside Location This Summer
A vegan New York-style deli is bringing cold cuts to South Oceanside.
These Vegan Cookies Are Better Than Grandma’s
Snag a few bags of Tate’s Bake Shop’s new vegan cookies!
AAPI-Owned Vegan Restaurants, Food Trucks, and Pop-Ups in LA
From donuts and ice cream to burgers, dim sum, and sushi, there are so many great items to try from these businesses!
The Best Vegan Food Trucks in America
These food trucks are rolling into town with some of the best vegan eats!
Sustainable Period Underwear Brand Proof Expands to Walmart
The sustainable leak-proof period underwear will be available at more than 4,000 Walmart stores nationwide beginning May 14.
Tabitha Brown’s McCormick Seasoning Launches at Stores Nationwide
Customers will be able to find the popular seasoning in retailers nationwide this June.
AAPI-Owned Vegan Food Brands to Support Now and Always
From meat alternatives and pasta to ice cream and cookies, there are so many great products to try from these AAPI-owned brands.
Subscribe NowOrder the magazine!