I love this soup because it’s creamy, savory and so easy to make. It’s hearty, healthy, and comforting. The creaminess of the white beans and the umami flavors from the miso paste and liquid smoke is really what makes this soup extra special!
Servings: 4 bowls Time: Prep: 10 minutes, Cook: ~40 minutes
- 1 cauliflower head, chopped
- 4 large garlic cloves
- 1 onion, chopped
- ~2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups veggie broth
- 1 can cannellini beans, drained
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 3/4 tsp liquid smoke
- 1 tsp red miso paste
- 2 tsp fresh parsley for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 425°.
- Place the cauliflower and garlic cloves on a baking sheet and coat them with a generous amount of olive oil and some salt. Roast in the oven for 20 to 25 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Heat onion and olive oil in a soup pot. When onion is fragrant, add all the other ingredients, including the roasted cauliflower and garlic cloves, but reserve a few cauliflower pieces for garnish.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove the soup from heat and transfer soup to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Transfer the soup back to the soup pot and add salt and pepper to taste as needed.
- Garnish with parsley, a few roasted cauliflower pieces, some olive oil, and serve.