Easy Vegan Roasted Cauliflower Soup Recipe
I love this soup because it’s creamy, savory and so easy to make. It’s hearty, healthy, and comforting. The creaminess of the white beans and the umami flavors from the miso paste and liquid smoke is really what makes this soup extra special!
Servings: 4 bowls Time: Prep: 10 minutes, Cook: ~40 minutes
- 1 cauliflower head, chopped
- 4 large garlic cloves
- 1 onion, chopped
- ~2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups veggie broth
- 1 can cannellini beans, drained
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 3/4 tsp liquid smoke
- 1 tsp red miso paste
- 2 tsp fresh parsley for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 425°.
- Place the cauliflower and garlic cloves on a baking sheet and coat them with a generous amount of olive oil and some salt. Roast in the oven for 20 to 25 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Heat onion and olive oil in a soup pot. When onion is fragrant, add all the other ingredients, including the roasted cauliflower and garlic cloves, but reserve a few cauliflower pieces for garnish.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove the soup from heat and transfer soup to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Transfer the soup back to the soup pot and add salt and pepper to taste as needed.
- Garnish with parsley, a few roasted cauliflower pieces, some olive oil, and serve.
Jackie is a Brooklyn-based vegan food blogger. Aside from that, she loves to travel, hike, and paint. Her goal is to inspire others by showing that plant-based cooking is easy, affordable, and fun! Check out her website, myvegandelicacies.com, for more plant-based recipes.
More from VegOut
LA-Based Vegan Food Relief Nonprofit Appears on Rachael Ray
This vegan nonprofit is providing plant-based meals to the houseless in Los Angeles and recently made their debut on the Rachael Ray Show!
A Vegan Tex-Mex Restaurant Just Opened in Denton, Texas
Pepitas Vegan Taqueria is serving up fajitas, tacos, chimichangas, and more!
Eat Vegan Around the World at These 17 LA Restaurants
From Japanese, Peruvian, and Cambodian to Italian, Armenian, and Ethiopian, Los Angeles offers a variety of delicious vegan meals from cuisines around the world.
Falafel Chain Serving $3 Pita Sandwiches Opens Los Angeles Location
The for-good, for-profit restaurant serves affordable vegan options and donates a portion of its proceeds to refugees.
Vegan Events Happening This Summer, Fall, and Winter in NYC
Celebrate all things vegan at these festivals and pop-up events taking place across NYC and the tri-state area!
The Best Vegan Store Brand Products at Walmart
Check out our list of plant-based grocery products from Walmart’s store brand lines.
Vegan Restaurant Chain By Chloe Rebrands as Beatnic
The vegan fast-casual restaurant is undergoing a makeover!
10 Must-Try Vegan Food Trucks in Austin
Take a tasty tour of Austin, Texas with the help of these restaurants on wheels.
The Best Places to Eat Vegan in the South Bay
If you’re heading to Manhattan, Hermosa, or Redondo Beach, there is no shortage of vegan options. From upscale vegan Italian to Asian fusion to a fully vegan organic market with perhaps the best vegan BLTA you will ever have, there’s something for everyone. Here are the best places to eat vegan in the South Bay!
Chef Mark McKinney Is Opening a Vegan Restaurant in Philadelphia This Fall
This vegan chef is transforming his original pop-up into a restaurant concept in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania!
VegOut’s Los Angeles Vegan Gift Guide
Gift giving is a tradition as old as time, but not too long ago collective sighs could be heard across the world when it came time to buy thoughtful presents for vegans. Now, plant-based gift shopping is anything but boring and the furthest thing from difficult! Our Los Angeles vegan gift guide has you covered with everything from hand-poured candles and toxin-free spas to French-style pastries and some of the best chocolate you’ve ever had!
Peet’s Coffee Now Serves a Limited-Edition Vegan Cold Brew Oat Latte
The fan-favorite coffee chain is back at it with the vegan options!
Subscribe NowOrder the magazine!