Easy Vegan Roasted Cauliflower Soup Recipe
I love this soup because it’s creamy, savory and so easy to make. It’s hearty, healthy, and comforting. The creaminess of the white beans and the umami flavors from the miso paste and liquid smoke is really what makes this soup extra special!
Servings: 4 bowls Time: Prep: 10 minutes, Cook: ~40 minutes
- 1 cauliflower head, chopped
- 4 large garlic cloves
- 1 onion, chopped
- ~2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups veggie broth
- 1 can cannellini beans, drained
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 3/4 tsp liquid smoke
- 1 tsp red miso paste
- 2 tsp fresh parsley for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 425°.
- Place the cauliflower and garlic cloves on a baking sheet and coat them with a generous amount of olive oil and some salt. Roast in the oven for 20 to 25 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Heat onion and olive oil in a soup pot. When onion is fragrant, add all the other ingredients, including the roasted cauliflower and garlic cloves, but reserve a few cauliflower pieces for garnish.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove the soup from heat and transfer soup to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Transfer the soup back to the soup pot and add salt and pepper to taste as needed.
- Garnish with parsley, a few roasted cauliflower pieces, some olive oil, and serve.
Jackie is a Brooklyn-based vegan food blogger. Aside from that, she loves to travel, hike, and paint. Her goal is to inspire others by showing that plant-based cooking is easy, affordable, and fun! Check out her website, myvegandelicacies.com, for more plant-based recipes.
More from VegOut
Meet TCHO’s Dark & Bitter, Your New Favorite Vegan Baking Chocolate
This Dark & Bitter Unsweetened Baking Chocolate is a kitchen staple!
15 Nostalgic Vegan Snacks
We’re throwing it back to the good old days—with a vegan twist!
15 Must-Try Vegan Restaurants in Orange County
Pizza shops, sushi restaurants, burger joints—this list covers it all!
The Best Vegan Restaurants in Florida
From the Panhandle to the big city, Florida is a hot spot for plant-based eats.
10 Best Vegan Restaurants for a Date Night in LA
There are only green flags at these vegan eateries!
Vegan Baked Goods That Ship Nationwide for the Holidays
From Hanukkah bundt cakes and Christmas cookies to gingerbread house kits, this list covers it all!
Our 5 Secret Ingredients for Vegan Holiday Cooking
Add these products to your plant-based recipes this holiday season!
Prados Beauty Celebrates Indigenous Beauty and Resilience
Founder Cece Meadows puts Indigenous voices at the forefront of the beauty industry.
8 Vegan Sweaters to Keep You Warm This Winter
We’re staying warm this season with these vegan styles!
10 Vegan Chocolate Chip Brands Perfect for Baking
These dairy-free chocolate chips were made for cookies, waffles, muffins, and more.
12 Vegan Beauty Gifts to Shop This Holiday Season
Deck the halls with boughs of vegan beauty gifts!
Sustainably and Carefully Sourced Ingredients Set This Native American-Owned Vegan Bakery Apart
Place an order from Wholesome Bakery in honor of Native American Heritage Month!