Your Ultimate NYC Vegan Bucket List
Grab a pen, grab a friend, and grab your phone! It’s time to have some fun, NYC vegan style. Work your way around the city with this list of must-try, plant-based challenges.
Complete the entire list or pick-and-choose as you like. It’s up to you! Either way, plan to make new friends, learn interesting facts, and consume delicious, Instagram-worthy shots along the way.
Ready, and go!
- Follow 10 vegan food accounts on Instagram, starting with @VegOutNewYork.
- Get cheesy! Take a photo eating the vegan mozz sticks at Champs Diner. Be sure to include a grate pun as a caption. #VegOutNYC
- Eat your way through Vegan Shop-Up.
- Go shoe shopping at MooShoes, then stop next door at Orchard Grocer for lunch—we recommend The Miles sandwich or the weekend sidekick sandwich (available every weekend).
- Visit St. Marks Place for jewelry, t-shirts, and vintage finds. Wear your super fresh finds all day!
- Stop by Little Atlas to grab a sticky bun from famed Pennsylvania bakery, Vegan Treats.
- And then eat it by the fountain in Washington Square Park.
- Tag a friend on a @vegoutnewyork Instagram post.
- Get fancy! Try food straight from France at Delice & Sarrasin.
- Play laser tag at Chelsea Piers. The laser tag is for adults and kids!
- Cool off that appetite with a Bacon, Chicken, Cheddar Ranch sandwich from Terri. All vegan, we promise!
- Take an iconic photo kissing a vegan in Times Square.
- Check out the TKTS book in Times Square to catch a Broadway show at a discounted price.
- Spread some love. Grab a selfie in front of the LOVE sculpture in Rockefeller Center.
- Try a vegan latte and pastry from Chailat, Le Pain Quotidien, Gregory’s, or Jack’s Stir Brew.
- Pay it forward! Share one of those pastries with a stranger.
- Go on a walk through Central Park, and watch the street performers and roller skaters by West 72nd street.
- Enter 5 vegan-friendly Instagram giveaways.
- Pretend you’re on Sex and the City and dine at Blossom on Columbus.
- Then relax in a reclining seat at the AMC theater on 84th street.
- Invite a friend to Go Zen to enjoy New York’s favorite late night cuisine—Chinese food.
- Then grab a second dinner with authentic Szechuan Chinese food from Spicy Moon.
- Get a vegan influencer to repost you on Instagram.
- Leave a 100% tip at your favorite vegan restaurant.
- Post a photo of your vegan meal and tag #VegOutNYC on Instagram.
Liat spent the last 10 years working in the music industry, crafting and executing marketing initiatives to connect artists to their fans. As a vegan of 14 years (plus a vegetarian for three years before that), her passion lies in food—and of course, in sharing advice on where to eat.
More from VegOut
8 Easy Food Swaps to Make for Plastic-Free July
Grab those reusable bags, we’re going on a plastic-free food hunt!
This Pittsburgh Restaurant and Jazz Bar Is Now 100% Vegan
Con Alma is every vegan music-lover's dream!
11 LGBTQ-Owned Vegan Restaurants to Support in LA
From coffee shops and sit-down restaurants to a nightclub and dinner party pop-up, there are so many great Queer-owned businesses to check out!
5 Ways to Boost Your Mental Well-Being
Here are some tips to live your best, most balanced life!
Cracker Barrel Adds Vegan Sausage to Menu
Cracker Barrel adds its first plant-based meat option to the menu!
New Vegan Butcher Shop to Open in Long Beach This Year
The Plant Butchers and Sugar Taco’s third location is coming to Long Beach!
Smashburger Launches Plant-Based Milkshakes
Smashburger now offers six fully plant-based milkshakes at all locations!
The Best Store-Bought Overnight Oats
Looking for a quick and easy breakfast? These vegan overnight oats are the perfect option!
Vegan Rainbow Treats That Ship Nationwide for Pride Month
Check out these delicious rainbow sweet treats and drinks that are celebrating Pride all month long!
LGBTQ-Owned Vegan Beauty Brands to Support Now and Always
Liven up your beauty routine with these LGBTQ-owned vegan beauty brands!
Peet’s Coffee Launches Vegan Boba Tea
Sip your way through the summer with these vibrant boba-inspired beverages!
Slutty Vegan Debuts New Sneaker and Bag Collab with Steve Madden
Step up your summer fashion with this PETA-certified vegan apparel!
Subscribe NowOrder the magazine!