Your Ultimate NYC Vegan Bucket List
Grab a pen, grab a friend, and grab your phone! It’s time to have some fun, NYC vegan style. Work your way around the city with this list of must-try, plant-based challenges.
Complete the entire list or pick-and-choose as you like. It’s up to you! Either way, plan to make new friends, learn interesting facts, and consume delicious, Instagram-worthy shots along the way.
Ready, and go!
- Follow 10 vegan food accounts on Instagram, starting with @VegOutNewYork.
- Get cheesy! Take a photo eating the vegan mozz sticks at Champs Diner. Be sure to include a grate pun as a caption. #VegOutNYC
- Eat your way through Vegan Shop-Up.
- Go shoe shopping at MooShoes, then stop next door at Orchard Grocer for lunch—we recommend The Miles sandwich or the weekend sidekick sandwich (available every weekend).
- Visit St. Marks Place for jewelry, t-shirts, and vintage finds. Wear your super fresh finds all day!
- Stop by Little Atlas to grab a sticky bun from famed Pennsylvania bakery, Vegan Treats.
- And then eat it by the fountain in Washington Square Park.
- Tag a friend on a @vegoutnewyork Instagram post.
- Get fancy! Try food straight from France at Delice & Sarrasin.
- Play laser tag at Chelsea Piers. The laser tag is for adults and kids!
- Cool off that appetite with a Bacon, Chicken, Cheddar Ranch sandwich from Terri. All vegan, we promise!
- Take an iconic photo kissing a vegan in Times Square.
- Check out the TKTS book in Times Square to catch a Broadway show at a discounted price.
- Spread some love. Grab a selfie in front of the LOVE sculpture in Rockefeller Center.
- Try a vegan latte and pastry from Chailat, Le Pain Quotidien, Gregory’s, or Jack’s Stir Brew.
- Pay it forward! Share one of those pastries with a stranger.
- Go on a walk through Central Park, and watch the street performers and roller skaters by West 72nd street.
- Enter 5 vegan-friendly Instagram giveaways.
- Pretend you’re on Sex and the City and dine at Blossom on Columbus.
- Then relax in a reclining seat at the AMC theater on 84th street.
- Invite a friend to Go Zen to enjoy New York’s favorite late night cuisine—Chinese food.
- Then grab a second dinner with authentic Szechuan Chinese food from Spicy Moon.
- Get a vegan influencer to repost you on Instagram.
- Leave a 100% tip at your favorite vegan restaurant.
- Post a photo of your vegan meal and tag #VegOutNYC on Instagram.
Liat spent the last 10 years working in the music industry, crafting and executing marketing initiatives to connect artists to their fans. As a vegan of 14 years (plus a vegetarian for three years before that), her passion lies in food—and of course, in sharing advice on where to eat.
More from VegOut
The Best Vegan Restaurants in Florida
From the Panhandle to the big city, Florida is a hot spot for plant-based eats.
10 Best Vegan Restaurants for a Date Night in LA
There are only green flags at these vegan eateries!
Vegan Baked Goods That Ship Nationwide for the Holidays
From Hanukkah bundt cakes and Christmas cookies to gingerbread house kits, this list covers it all!
Our 5 Secret Ingredients for Vegan Holiday Cooking
Add these products to your plant-based recipes this holiday season!
Prados Beauty Celebrates Indigenous Beauty and Resilience
Founder Cece Meadows puts Indigenous voices at the forefront of the beauty industry.
8 Vegan Sweaters to Keep You Warm This Winter
We’re staying warm this season with these vegan styles!
10 Vegan Chocolate Chip Brands Perfect for Baking
These dairy-free chocolate chips were made for cookies, waffles, muffins, and more.
12 Vegan Beauty Gifts to Shop This Holiday Season
Deck the halls with boughs of vegan beauty gifts!
Sustainably and Carefully Sourced Ingredients Set This Native American-Owned Vegan Bakery Apart
Place an order from Wholesome Bakery in honor of Native American Heritage Month!
8 Vegan Bakeries in Los Angeles
Stock up for the holidays at these sweet stops!
11 Best Cruelty-Free, Vegan Laundry Detergents
Elevate your laundry day with these plant-based brands.
Pomona’s First All-Vegetarian Spot Borreguitas Serves Traditional Mexican Dishes
This powerful story highlights how the Torres family turned their 15-year-old restaurant into Pomona’s first vegetarian spot!