Your Ultimate NYC Vegan Bucket List
Grab a pen, grab a friend, and grab your phone! It’s time to have some fun, NYC vegan style. Work your way around the city with this list of must-try, plant-based challenges.
Complete the entire list or pick-and-choose as you like. It’s up to you! Either way, plan to make new friends, learn interesting facts, and consume delicious, Instagram-worthy shots along the way.
Ready, and go!
- Follow 10 vegan food accounts on Instagram, starting with @VegOutNewYork.
- Get cheesy! Take a photo eating the vegan mozz sticks at Champs Diner. Be sure to include a grate pun as a caption. #VegOutNYC
- Eat your way through Vegan Shop-Up.
- Go shoe shopping at MooShoes, then stop next door at Orchard Grocer for lunch—we recommend The Miles sandwich or the weekend sidekick sandwich (available every weekend).
- Visit St. Marks Place for jewelry, t-shirts, and vintage finds. Wear your super fresh finds all day!
- Stop by Little Atlas to grab a sticky bun from famed Pennsylvania bakery, Vegan Treats.
- And then eat it by the fountain in Washington Square Park.
- Tag a friend on a @vegoutnewyork Instagram post.
- Get fancy! Try food straight from France at Delice & Sarrasin.
- Play laser tag at Chelsea Piers. The laser tag is for adults and kids!
- Cool off that appetite with a Bacon, Chicken, Cheddar Ranch sandwich from Terri. All vegan, we promise!
- Take an iconic photo kissing a vegan in Times Square.
- Check out the TKTS book in Times Square to catch a Broadway show at a discounted price.
- Spread some love. Grab a selfie in front of the LOVE sculpture in Rockefeller Center.
- Try a vegan latte and pastry from Chailat, Le Pain Quotidien, Gregory’s, or Jack’s Stir Brew.
- Pay it forward! Share one of those pastries with a stranger.
- Go on a walk through Central Park, and watch the street performers and roller skaters by West 72nd street.
- Enter 5 vegan-friendly Instagram giveaways.
- Pretend you’re on Sex and the City and dine at Blossom on Columbus.
- Then relax in a reclining seat at the AMC theater on 84th street.
- Invite a friend to Go Zen to enjoy New York’s favorite late night cuisine—Chinese food.
- Then grab a second dinner with authentic Szechuan Chinese food from Spicy Moon.
- Get a vegan influencer to repost you on Instagram.
- Leave a 100% tip at your favorite vegan restaurant.
- Post a photo of your vegan meal and tag #VegOutNYC on Instagram.
Liat spent the last 10 years working in the music industry, crafting and executing marketing initiatives to connect artists to their fans. As a vegan of 14 years (plus a vegetarian for three years before that), her passion lies in food—and of course, in sharing advice on where to eat.
More from VegOut
11 Sustainable Swimwear Brands for Summer 2021
If you want to stunt a trendy, sustainably made swimsuit this season, check out these brands! With spring in full swing and summer just around the corner, who wouldn’t love to cool off with a dip in the pool, a trip to the beach, or even a pass on your kids slip-n-slide? If you’re partaking in any of these refreshing water activities, you’ll most likely want a bathing suit. And if you’re anything like us, you want to wear items that are eco-friendly and made by brands that treat their employees well. Here’s a list of our favorite swimsuit companies that fit the bill.
Devi’s Donuts Opens Brick-and-Mortar in Long Beach
Devi’s Donuts, an all-vegan Long Beach pop-up, establishes a brick-and-mortar!
Venice’s Adrift Burger Bar Adds Vegan Burger to Menu This Earth Day
Sun’s out, buns out! No, silly, not those buns! Burger buns!
10 Vegan Fast Food Breakfasts to Eat On the Go or Recreate at Home
Whether you’re commuting to the office, working from home, or looking for weekend brekkie inspo, we’ve got you. From drive-thru snags and restaurant go-to’s to home-cooked breakfast faves, here are your on-the-go ordering deets and DIY swaps for the most important meal of the day.
6 South Asian-Owned Vegan and Vegan-Friendly Restaurants Across America
It can be difficult to find amazing, all-vegan South Asian dishes. Whether you’re craving a flavorful chana masala or a heavenly spicy curry, VegOut has you covered, so you can enjoy the vibrance of South Asian cuisine without the traditional dairy-heavy ingredients. Here are our picks for some of the best South Asian-owned vegan restaurants across the nation.
Nostalgic Vegan Candy Bars Launch at Alfred Coffee for a Limited Time
Huge flavor in a perfectly portioned package, the NY-based Gigantic “sortasweet” candy bars are making a splash in Los Angeles as the brand arrives at Alfred locations for a limited time!
Celeb-Backed Vegan Bacon Startup Gears up for Nationwide Launch
Coming soon to grocery shelves near you, a new plant-based bacon backed by organic food leaders and none other than Robert Downey Jr. is set to hit the mass retail market in 2021.
Online Vegan Grocery Store Vejii Acquires Vegan Essentials
Virtual vegan market, Vejii, recently signed a definitive agreement to acquire Vegan Essentials, one of the largest vegan marketplaces in the United States.
7 Best Vegan Frozen Burritos
Perfect for both on-the-go and on-the-couch mealtimes, hearty vegan burritos are the vibe. With yummy plant-based filling tightly wrapped in tortillas, what’s not to love? In fact, we adore these handhelds at all of our meals—breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snack. Check out seven vegan burritos brands to enjoy whenever the mood strikes.
Brockhampton and Monty’s Good Burger Vegan Glitter Shake Collab Drops Today
In anticipation of Brockhampton’s new album, “ROADRUNNER: NEW LIGHT, NEW MACHINE,” the hip-hop boy band partnered with vegan burger chain Monty’s Good Burger to create two limited-edition shakes and a capsule collection of apparel. The four-piece merchandise line combines Brockhampton’s new album artwork with Monty’s classic royal blue aesthetic. Look for the new hoodie, joggers, long-sleeve tee, and beanie.
Subscribe NowOrder the magazine!