Your Ultimate NYC Vegan Bucket List
Grab a pen, grab a friend, and grab your phone! It’s time to have some fun, NYC vegan style. Work your way around the city with this list of must-try, plant-based challenges.
Complete the entire list or pick-and-choose as you like. It’s up to you! Either way, plan to make new friends, learn interesting facts, and consume delicious, Instagram-worthy shots along the way.
Ready, and go!
- Follow 10 vegan food accounts on Instagram, starting with @VegOutNewYork.
- Get cheesy! Take a photo eating the vegan mozz sticks at Champs Diner. Be sure to include a grate pun as a caption. #VegOutNYC
- Eat your way through Vegan Shop-Up.
- Go shoe shopping at MooShoes, then stop next door at Orchard Grocer for lunch—we recommend The Miles sandwich or the weekend sidekick sandwich (available every weekend).
- Visit St. Marks Place for jewelry, t-shirts, and vintage finds. Wear your super fresh finds all day!
- Stop by Little Atlas to grab a sticky bun from famed Pennsylvania bakery, Vegan Treats.
- And then eat it by the fountain in Washington Square Park.
- Tag a friend on a @vegoutnewyork Instagram post.
- Get fancy! Try food straight from France at Delice & Sarrasin.
- Play laser tag at Chelsea Piers. The laser tag is for adults and kids!
- Cool off that appetite with a Bacon, Chicken, Cheddar Ranch sandwich from Terri. All vegan, we promise!
- Take an iconic photo kissing a vegan in Times Square.
- Check out the TKTS book in Times Square to catch a Broadway show at a discounted price.
- Spread some love. Grab a selfie in front of the LOVE sculpture in Rockefeller Center.
- Try a vegan latte and pastry from Chailat, Le Pain Quotidien, Gregory’s, or Jack’s Stir Brew.
- Pay it forward! Share one of those pastries with a stranger.
- Go on a walk through Central Park, and watch the street performers and roller skaters by West 72nd street.
- Enter 5 vegan-friendly Instagram giveaways.
- Pretend you’re on Sex and the City and dine at Blossom on Columbus.
- Then relax in a reclining seat at the AMC theater on 84th street.
- Invite a friend to Go Zen to enjoy New York’s favorite late night cuisine—Chinese food.
- Then grab a second dinner with authentic Szechuan Chinese food from Spicy Moon.
- Get a vegan influencer to repost you on Instagram.
- Leave a 100% tip at your favorite vegan restaurant.
- Post a photo of your vegan meal and tag #VegOutNYC on Instagram.
Liat spent the last 10 years working in the music industry, crafting and executing marketing initiatives to connect artists to their fans. As a vegan of 14 years (plus a vegetarian for three years before that), her passion lies in food—and of course, in sharing advice on where to eat.
More from VegOut
Detroit Vegan Soul Closes West Village Location
The Black-owned soul food restaurant permanently closes its original location.
Celebrate National Cheese Lover’s Day with Daiya
The cheese brand has reformulated some of their classic cheese blocks just in time for this epic holiday!
This New Mind-Blowing Vegan Milk Tastes Just Like Cow’s Milk
The dairy industry is quaking at Silk’s new product line!
9 Ready-to-Drink Non-Alcoholic Cocktails for Dry January
For those times when you’re craving a good mixed drink without the alcohol!
Vegan Loaded Taco Salad Recipe
This Loaded Taco Salad is a fresh take on a Tex-Mex classic. Made with Hodo Adobo Mexican Crumbles, pickled red onions, and a cilantro-lime vinaigrette, even your non-vegan friends will love this dish.
10 Vegan Meal Delivery Services to Try in 2022
These meal delivery companies have everything you need to get the new year started on a healthy note.
Selling Sunset Star Emma Leigh Hernan Launches Frozen Vegan Empanada Brand
This new plant-based frozen food company has snacktime covered.
5 Vegan Honey Brands to Try
Life is sweet with these cruelty-free, vegan honey alternatives.
Unbelievably Vegan: An Interview with Charity Morgan
This celebrity chef is dishing up details about her family’s transition to a plant-based lifestyle and sharing tidbits from her new cookbook, Unbelievably Vegan.
14 Best Vegan Protein Bars
These plant-based protein bars will unite gym rats and busy bees alike!
Former Starbucks Executive Joins Plant Power Fast Food
The rapidly expanding fast-food chain names Steve Figliola as new Chief Development Officer.
Wanderlust Creamery Is Scooping Ube and Pavlova Vegan Ice Cream Flavors This Month
Run, don’t walk to your nearest location to try these limited-edition flavors!
Subscribe NowOrder the magazine!