The Perfect Fudgy Vegan Chocolate Cookie Recipe
Everyone needs a go-to chocolate cookie, so consider this your new one. Gooey and thick, this rich chocolate cookie is grain-free, vegan, and refined sugar-free—sweetened only with Just Date Syrup. It’s gonna be a ritual, starting tonight.
Servings: 4-5 Time: Prep: 15 minutes, Bake: 13 minutes
Recipe by: Just Date Syrup
½ cup almond butter (only 100% almond butter works here—no fillers, oils, sugars etc.)
¼ cup + 2 Tbsp Just Date Syrup
¼ tsp cinnamon
½ tsp vanilla extract
2 Tbsp cacao powder
1 Tbsp olive oil
½ tsp baking soda
3 Tbsp almond flour
1. Preheat the oven to 350° and line a tray with parchment or a silicone baking sheet.
2. Stir ½ cup almond butter with date syrup until well mixed.
3. Add the cinnamon, vanilla extract, and then cacao, stirring well after each ingredient.
4. Add olive oil.
5. In a separate small bowl, combine the baking soda and almond flour, then add to the wet mixture slowly, stirring well after each tablespoon.
6. Roll into balls and flatten into discs on a silicone baking sheet. Sprinkle with large flaky sea salt.
7. Bake for 12-14 minutes, or until the edges are browning. Remove and let cool before diving in!
More from VegOut
15 Must-Try Vegan Restaurants in Orange County
Pizza shops, sushi restaurants, burger joints—this list covers it all!
The Best Vegan Restaurants in Florida
From the Panhandle to the big city, Florida is a hot spot for plant-based eats.
10 Best Vegan Restaurants for a Date Night in LA
There are only green flags at these vegan eateries!
Vegan Baked Goods That Ship Nationwide for the Holidays
From Hanukkah bundt cakes and Christmas cookies to gingerbread house kits, this list covers it all!
Our 5 Secret Ingredients for Vegan Holiday Cooking
Add these products to your plant-based recipes this holiday season!
Prados Beauty Celebrates Indigenous Beauty and Resilience
Founder Cece Meadows puts Indigenous voices at the forefront of the beauty industry.
8 Vegan Sweaters to Keep You Warm This Winter
We’re staying warm this season with these vegan styles!
10 Vegan Chocolate Chip Brands Perfect for Baking
These dairy-free chocolate chips were made for cookies, waffles, muffins, and more.
12 Vegan Beauty Gifts to Shop This Holiday Season
Deck the halls with boughs of vegan beauty gifts!
Sustainably and Carefully Sourced Ingredients Set This Native American-Owned Vegan Bakery Apart
Place an order from Wholesome Bakery in honor of Native American Heritage Month!
8 Vegan Bakeries in Los Angeles
Stock up for the holidays at these sweet stops!
11 Best Cruelty-Free, Vegan Laundry Detergents
Elevate your laundry day with these plant-based brands.