The Perfect Fudgy Vegan Chocolate Cookie Recipe
Everyone needs a go-to chocolate cookie, so consider this your new one. Gooey and thick, this rich chocolate cookie is grain-free, vegan, and refined sugar-free—sweetened only with Just Date Syrup. It’s gonna be a ritual, starting tonight.
Servings: 4-5 Time: Prep: 15 minutes, Bake: 13 minutes
Recipe by: Just Date Syrup
½ cup almond butter (only 100% almond butter works here—no fillers, oils, sugars etc.)
¼ cup + 2 Tbsp Just Date Syrup
¼ tsp cinnamon
½ tsp vanilla extract
2 Tbsp cacao powder
1 Tbsp olive oil
½ tsp baking soda
3 Tbsp almond flour
1. Preheat the oven to 350° and line a tray with parchment or a silicone baking sheet.
2. Stir ½ cup almond butter with date syrup until well mixed.
3. Add the cinnamon, vanilla extract, and then cacao, stirring well after each ingredient.
4. Add olive oil.
5. In a separate small bowl, combine the baking soda and almond flour, then add to the wet mixture slowly, stirring well after each tablespoon.
6. Roll into balls and flatten into discs on a silicone baking sheet. Sprinkle with large flaky sea salt.
7. Bake for 12-14 minutes, or until the edges are browning. Remove and let cool before diving in!
More from VegOut
Only Plant Based! Launches Vegan Mayo, Sour Cream, and Dressings at Retailers Nationwide
The all-vegan brand has your fall tailgate needs covered with their creamy and delicious condiments!
12 Sustainable Denim Brands You Should Know About
These brands have the fall looks you’re going to love!
Nashville VegFest Returns This October
The vegan festival will be held on Saturday, October 9.
Volvo Is Ditching Leather by 2030
The car company announced that its entire fleet will be leather-free before the end of the decade.
Billie Eilish Teams up with Nike to Launch Vegan Air Jordans
The vegan singer recently took to Instagram to announce the debut of her new kicks.
Costco Just Launched Ready-to-Eat Vegan Bolognese
The pre-packaged meal is now available across fifty stores in California and Hawaii.
Asheville VeganFest Returns to Pack Square Park October 3
The event will include local vendors, live music, giveaways, and more!
New Vegan Ghost Kitchen Opens in Dallas
VSpot Grille is open four days a week on Commerce Street in Dallas.
Sticky Fingers Bakery Now Ships Nationwide
The beloved D.C. bakery is moving toward a fully e-commerce platform.
10 Spots for Vegan Mac and Cheese in NYC
Whether you prefer yours topped with bacon or truffle, these vegan and vegan-friendly restaurants have your mac and cheese needs covered!
Vegan Bodega Opens in Atlanta This Fall
The LA-based all-vegan bodega and neighborhood market, LaRayia’s Bodega, is opening at Ponce City Market this October.
Wilmington, North Carolina Gets Its First Vegan Food Truck
The Hardcore Hippie made its debut this month in Wilmington, North Carolina.
Subscribe NowOrder the magazine!