Smoky BBQ Tofu Bowl Recipe
Warm up your fall days with this Smoky BBQ Tofu Bowl. Bragg has what you need to create quick, nutritious meals that satisfy.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 8 baby potatoes, halved
- 2 teaspoons Bragg olive oil, divided
- ½ teaspoon dried dill
- ¼ teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- 8 ounces firm tofu
- ¼ cup Bragg Smoky BBQ nutritional yeast
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, plus more as needed
- 2 cups collard greens, thick ribs removed and leaves chopped
- ½ cup corn kernels, fresh or frozen
- BBQ sauce, for drizzling
- 2 tablespoons chopped scallions
- Preheat the oven to 400° F. Toss potatoes with olive oil, dill, and ¼ teaspoon of salt. Place on a baking sheet and bake for 20-30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, lightly pat the tofu dry with a clean towel and cut into cubes. Add the smoky BBQ nutritional yeast and cornstarch to a shallow bowl and stir to combine. Toss tofu cubes in the nutritional yeast mixture, ensuring each piece is coated on all sides.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the tofu and sauté until crispy on all sides, turning occasionally, about 7-10 minutes, adding more oil to the pan if needed. Remove from the pan and drain on paper towels. Season with salt to taste.
- Wipe the skillet clean and add a bit more oil to the skillet. Add the collard greens and a pinch of salt and cook until wilted, about 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from the pan and add the corn. Cook until warmed through, about 2 minutes. Season with salt to taste.
- Transfer the greens, corn, potatoes, and tofu to a bowl. Drizzle with BBQ sauce and sprinkle with scallions.
This recipe is brought to you by Bragg. Bragg’s product lineup includes olive oil, nutritional yeast, apple cider vinegar, liquid aminos, and more. Find them at retailers nationwide and online at Bragg.com.
More from VegOut
10 Vegan Chocolate Chip Brands Perfect for Baking
These dairy-free chocolate chips were made for cookies, waffles, muffins, and more.
12 Vegan Beauty Gifts to Shop This Holiday Season
Deck the halls with boughs of vegan beauty gifts!
Sustainably and Carefully Sourced Ingredients Set This Native American-Owned Vegan Bakery Apart
Place an order from Wholesome Bakery in honor of Native American Heritage Month!
8 Vegan Bakeries in Los Angeles
Stock up for the holidays at these sweet stops!
11 Best Cruelty-Free, Vegan Laundry Detergents
Elevate your laundry day with these plant-based brands.
Pomona’s First All-Vegetarian Spot Borreguitas Serves Traditional Mexican Dishes
This powerful story highlights how the Torres family turned their 15-year-old restaurant into Pomona’s first vegetarian spot!
10 Vegan Ice Cream Brands That Ship Nationwide
From sorbet bars and gelato to ice cream sandwiches and cones, these desserts hit the spot!
The Best Store-Bought Vegan Whipped Cream Brands
Elevate your plant-based desserts with these dairy-free whipped toppings.
The Best Store-Bought Vegan Stuffing
These festive, plant-based side dishes were made for inclusive holiday dinners.
13 Vegan Thanksgiving Items from Trader Joe’s
Check out these Trader Joe’s plant-based favorites for Thanksgiving 2022.
Beyond Meat Teams up with American Cancer Society to Advance Cancer Research
The multi-year agreement will aim to advance research on plant-based meat and cancer prevention.
Pinky Cole’s Book Tour Is Coming to Los Angeles Next Week
The Pinky Cole Experience Tour will be making a stop at The Regent Theatre in DTLA this Monday, November 21.