Everything is betta with feta—Follow Your Heart Dairy-Free Feta Crumbles, that is. And this holiday tart is no exception. Share this flavorful dish at your holiday brunch, as an appetizer, or at dinner parties—it’s the perfect anytime recipe to get you through the festivities of the season.
Want even more vegan recipes, news, food, and lifestyle content? Subscribe to VegOut LA Magazine!
Servings: 6-8 slices Time: Prep: 45 minutes, Cook: 45 minutes
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ cup vegan cold butter
- ½ cup cold water
*or opt for a vegan pre-made crust—no shame!
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- ½ large onion, chopped
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- ⅓ cup tomatoes, chopped
- 3 oz spinach, fresh
- 5-6 sun-dried tomatoes, sliced
- 5-6 artichoke hearts, halved
- 16 oz silken tofu (1 package)
- 2 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp each rosemary, basil, and thyme
- 1 tsp each salt and pepper
- 4 oz Follow Your Heart Dairy-Free Feta Crumbles (3oz for filling, 1oz for topping)
1. Whisk flour and salt.
2. Crumble in butter and combine with hands.
3. Add in cold water and knead for about 5 minutes.
4. Form a disk, wrap, and place in the fridge for 30 minutes.
5. Preheat oven to 400°.
6. Lightly flour your cupboard and roll out crust dough ~½ in. thick.
7. Grease tart pan and gently place rolled dough inside.
8. Mold dough to pan, cut off excess, and use a fork to poke holes in the bottom.
9. Bake crust in the oven for 15 minutes.
1. Sauté onions in olive oil until tender. Add in garlic and chopped tomatoes and saute a few additional minutes. Add spinach to wilt.
2. Remove from heat and mix in chopped sundried tomatoes and artichoke hearts.
3. Blend tofu, nutritional yeast, seasonings, and salt and pepper in a blender until smooth.
4. Combine sautéed vegetables, blended tofu mixture, and 3oz of vegan feta in a large bowl.
5. Once the crust has cooked 15 minutes, remove from the oven and add filling to the crust.
6. Top with additional 1oz feta.
7. Bake for 25-30 minutes.
8. Allow 10 minutes of cooling time before cutting and serving.
Serving suggestion: Pair with dressed greens and fruit for the full tart effect!