Tony Xu, CEO and co-founder of DoorDash pledges $1 million in the fight for racial justice. The company, in partnership with their Black@DoorDash Employee Resource Group (ERG), intends to take the following actions toward solidarity:
- UTILIZE its platforms (DoorDash & Caviar) to empower Black-owned businesses and Black entrepreneurs.
- DONATE $1 million dollars ($500,000 to Black Lives Matter, $500,000 to a developing fund directed by the Black@DoorDash ERG to support state and local organizations).
- CREATE a platform (Dashers of Color Council) to discuss issues facing Black Dashers, including safety and access.
- SUPPORT policies against racism and those that work to reduce police violence.
- WORK with experts to “combat implicit or explicit bias on our platform.”
- HOLD themselves accountable for increasing diversity in company leadership.
RELATED: Sakara is Donating 50% of Profits This Week to the NAACP Legal Defense Fund
Want even more vegan food, news, and lifestyle content? Subscribe to VegOut LA Magazine or VegOut NYC Magazine!