The L.A. Bodega on Wheels is a temporary mobile bodega providing isolation salvation for Angelenos, powered by a collection of local restaurants and small businesses: Coolhaus, The Rose Venice, Future Gin, and VERVET. Featuring an assortment of prepared food, produce, pantry staples, booze, and sweets from each of the partners, it's their way of adapting to the realities of our new homebound normal in order to bring resources—and hopefully, a little fun—to the Los Angeles community. Plus, it helps put some of their unemployed staffers back to work with tips in their pockets. 10% of proceeds from all sales will be evenly divided and donated to charities including Opportunity Fund's Small Business Relief Fund.
“The Bodega on Wheels is such an amazing partnership between business owners across hospitality segments (restaurant/bar/ice cream shop/spirit brand) who are rising to the challenge in these immensely challenging times to bring delicious, nourishing products to the community while raising money to give back to those in need. I love that we are using our Coolhaus trucks for the awesome retailer on wheels partnership. We hope that we can bring a smile to Angelenos who need a reason to right now!” said Natasha Case, CEO and founder of Coolhaus.
How it Works:
- Customers can shop and place orders online at labodegaonwheels.com.
- Deliveries will occur Friday 4/24 through Sunday 4/26 from 11am-6pm and Wednesday 4/29 through Sunday 5/3 from 11am-6pm. Note: requests for next-day deliveries must be placed by 6pm the previous day.
- The delivery radius will include major neighborhoods in West LA, including Culver City, Venice, Santa Monica, Brentwood, Westwood, Ocean Park, Mar Vista, and Marina del Rey.
- There is a minimum requirement of $25 per order.
- All orders will be delivered via Coolhaus' fleet of trucks.
- No contact deliveries will be available upon request at checkout.
The menu will include:
- DIY pasta kits, vegetable dishes, coffee, bread, and wine from The Rose Venice
- Cookies, ice cream scoops, and ice cream sandwiches from Coolhaus (vegan-friendly)
- Gin from Future Gin
- Canned, craft cocktails from VERVET
- Miscellaneous items such as masks and hand sanitizer
For more information and a full list of menu items, visit labodegaonwheels.com and follow along on Instagram at @LABodegaOnWheels.
RELATED: Cena Vegan Launches New Meal Kits