Everyone needs a go-to chocolate cookie, so consider this your new one. Gooey and thick, this rich chocolate cookie is grain-free, vegan, and refined sugar-free—sweetened only with Just Date Syrup. It’s gonna be a ritual, starting tonight.
Servings: 4-5 Time: Prep: 15 minutes, Bake: 13 minutes
Recipe by: Just Date Syrup
½ cup almond butter (only 100% almond butter works here—no fillers, oils, sugars etc.)
¼ cup + 2 Tbsp Just Date Syrup
¼ tsp cinnamon
½ tsp vanilla extract
2 Tbsp cacao powder
1 Tbsp olive oil
½ tsp baking soda
3 Tbsp almond flour
1. Preheat the oven to 350° and line a tray with parchment or a silicone baking sheet.
2. Stir ½ cup almond butter with date syrup until well mixed.
3. Add the cinnamon, vanilla extract, and then cacao, stirring well after each ingredient.
4. Add olive oil.
5. In a separate small bowl, combine the baking soda and almond flour, then add to the wet mixture slowly, stirring well after each tablespoon.
6. Roll into balls and flatten into discs on a silicone baking sheet. Sprinkle with large flaky sea salt.
7. Bake for 12-14 minutes, or until the edges are browning. Remove and let cool before diving in!