Today is World Plant Milk Day
What’s the hardest thing about being vegan? Waking up at 5am to try and milk all the nuts. Oh, didn’t you hear? Cow’s milk is SO 2000 and late. Nut milks are SO what’s trending. And this is why, Moo is Moot!
Almonds, cashews, macadamias, and oats, it’s your time to shine! Today, you get free parking, front of the line privileges, and the royal treatment, because it’s World Plant Milk Day.
Founded in 2017, World Plant Milk Day is an international celebration which highlights the incredible health, environmental, and animal welfare benefits of switching from dairy to plant-based dairy alternatives.
Macadamia nut-based milk producer Milkadamia is celebrating the holiday with its special “14 Reasons Why Moo Is Moot” campaign. Leading up to this momentous day of nut respect, the company has posted a different reason why it believes dairy is totally OUT and plant-based milks are totally IN.
Americans are becoming hip to the trend, as the big bad dairy industry lost around $1 billion, yes for those in the cheap seats, that’s $1 BILLION in revenue in 2018! This has resulted in plant-based milk finally taking it’s seat in the spotlight with sales rising to about $1.7 billion. Yay woke nut-milk drinking America!
Among the reasons included in the 14 Reasons Why Moo Is Moot campaign are:
- Animal welfare—Factory farming and the production of milk is the largest cause of climate change (Hi MAGA’ers, climate change is real!).
- Taste—Plant-based milk tastes the same (if not better) than the ol’ cereal pairing we grew up with.
- Health benefits—Rich in vitamins, minerals, and zero hormones. Low in fat and zero icky cholesterol. Perfect for people with a slow digestive system!
- Zero FOMO—Plant-based milk comes in all the colors of the rainbow! Dairy comes in regular or chocolate. Again, SO 2000 and late!
- Performance—Everyone’s favorite plant-based professional athletes are achieving record-setting performances without dairy! Ever heard of a few powerhouses named Arnold Schwarzenegger, Venus Williams, Lewis Hamilton, or Colin Kaepernick?
- Gateway Diet—Switching to plant based milk is a great first step to adopting a completely plant-based diet, and living that woke life!
Milkadamia’s list of priorities start with bringing awareness to World Plant Milk Day and all the benefits of being down with dairy. With its line of macadamia-based milks, creamers, and soon-to-be-announced butter, the company is proud to bring consumers all of the great taste of dairy without the lame human and ecological ills brought about by the dairy industry and factory farming. Milkadamia is woke and so can you!
More from VegOut
Sustainably and Carefully Sourced Ingredients Set This Native American-Owned Vegan Bakery Apart
Place an order from Wholesome Bakery in honor of Native American Heritage Month!
8 Vegan Bakeries in Los Angeles
Stock up for the holidays at these sweet stops!
11 Best Cruelty-Free, Vegan Laundry Detergents
Elevate your laundry day with these plant-based brands.
Pomona’s First All-Vegetarian Spot Borreguitas Serves Traditional Mexican Dishes
This powerful story highlights how the Torres family turned their 15-year-old restaurant into Pomona’s first vegetarian spot!
10 Vegan Ice Cream Brands That Ship Nationwide
From sorbet bars and gelato to ice cream sandwiches and cones, these desserts hit the spot!
The Best Store-Bought Vegan Whipped Cream Brands
Elevate your plant-based desserts with these dairy-free whipped toppings.
The Best Store-Bought Vegan Stuffing
These festive, plant-based side dishes were made for inclusive holiday dinners.
13 Vegan Thanksgiving Items from Trader Joe’s
Check out these Trader Joe’s plant-based favorites for Thanksgiving 2022.
Beyond Meat Teams up with American Cancer Society to Advance Cancer Research
The multi-year agreement will aim to advance research on plant-based meat and cancer prevention.
Pinky Cole’s Book Tour Is Coming to Los Angeles Next Week
The Pinky Cole Experience Tour will be making a stop at The Regent Theatre in DTLA this Monday, November 21.
Store-Bought Vegan Pies for Thanksgiving 2022
Check out these plant-based pies for your upcoming holiday meal!
Sweetgreen Debuts New Plant-Based Protein Option
The vegan protein option is available at the Culver City Sweetgreen while supplies last.