Today is World Plant Milk Day
What’s the hardest thing about being vegan? Waking up at 5am to try and milk all the nuts. Oh, didn’t you hear? Cow’s milk is SO 2000 and late. Nut milks are SO what’s trending. And this is why, Moo is Moot!
Almonds, cashews, macadamias, and oats, it’s your time to shine! Today, you get free parking, front of the line privileges, and the royal treatment, because it’s World Plant Milk Day.
Founded in 2017, World Plant Milk Day is an international celebration which highlights the incredible health, environmental, and animal welfare benefits of switching from dairy to plant-based dairy alternatives.
Macadamia nut-based milk producer Milkadamia is celebrating the holiday with its special “14 Reasons Why Moo Is Moot” campaign. Leading up to this momentous day of nut respect, the company has posted a different reason why it believes dairy is totally OUT and plant-based milks are totally IN.
Americans are becoming hip to the trend, as the big bad dairy industry lost around $1 billion, yes for those in the cheap seats, that’s $1 BILLION in revenue in 2018! This has resulted in plant-based milk finally taking it’s seat in the spotlight with sales rising to about $1.7 billion. Yay woke nut-milk drinking America!
Among the reasons included in the 14 Reasons Why Moo Is Moot campaign are:
- Animal welfare—Factory farming and the production of milk is the largest cause of climate change (Hi MAGA’ers, climate change is real!).
- Taste—Plant-based milk tastes the same (if not better) than the ol’ cereal pairing we grew up with.
- Health benefits—Rich in vitamins, minerals, and zero hormones. Low in fat and zero icky cholesterol. Perfect for people with a slow digestive system!
- Zero FOMO—Plant-based milk comes in all the colors of the rainbow! Dairy comes in regular or chocolate. Again, SO 2000 and late!
- Performance—Everyone’s favorite plant-based professional athletes are achieving record-setting performances without dairy! Ever heard of a few powerhouses named Arnold Schwarzenegger, Venus Williams, Lewis Hamilton, or Colin Kaepernick?
- Gateway Diet—Switching to plant based milk is a great first step to adopting a completely plant-based diet, and living that woke life!
Milkadamia’s list of priorities start with bringing awareness to World Plant Milk Day and all the benefits of being down with dairy. With its line of macadamia-based milks, creamers, and soon-to-be-announced butter, the company is proud to bring consumers all of the great taste of dairy without the lame human and ecological ills brought about by the dairy industry and factory farming. Milkadamia is woke and so can you!
More from VegOut
OMG! We’re Obsessed with These Veggie Chips
These good-for-you veggie snacks are a tasty way to eat your vegetables.
7 Spots to Get Pumpkin-Flavored Vegan Eats in NYC
Celebrate the fall season with pumpkin-flavored donuts, pies, soups, and more!
Vegan Tapas and Cocktail Bar Opens in Albany, New York
Bar Vegan is now open for late-night eats, signature cocktails, and live music in Central Square.
Vegan BBQ Pop-Up Coming to Brooklyn, NYC This November
Get a taste of Southern BBQ in Brooklyn, NYC at this new vegan pop-up!
Dough Joy Donuts to Open Brick-and-Mortar in Seattle
The popular Seattle-based vegan food truck has plans to open its first brick-and-mortar location before the end of the year.
Fast-Casual Greek Chain Souvla Adds Plant-Based Lamb to Menu
The San Francisco restaurant launched the vegan lamb at all four of its locations on October 20.
Plant Power Fast Food’s Las Vegas Location Is Now Open
The chain makes vegan versions of fast-food classics from breakfast to dessert!
Pressed Is Launching La Colombe Vegan Cold Brew Smoothies
Give your morning a boost with these convenient, nutrient-dense beverages!
Chicago’s Kale My Name Opening Los Angeles Location with Tabitha Brown
This marks Tabitha Brown’s first vegan restaurant business venture.
Memphis Gets Its First Full-Service Black-Owned Vegan Restaurant
Headed up by celebrity chef Daudi “Da Vegan Guru” McLean, the vegan soul food joint will be Memphis’ first full-service Black-owned vegan restaurant.
The Best Vegan Shrimp Brands
These plant-based shrimps have the taste and texture of traditional seafood!
Cape Coral, Florida’s First Gluten-Free Vegan Restaurant Opens
BJ’s Bites is ready to delight gluten-free, vegan diners.
Subscribe NowOrder the magazine!